patch Multi-Beam fixtures - still puzzled when & why the question to "split?" appears or not

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

patch Multi-Beam fixtures - still puzzled when & why the question to "split?" appears or not

Post by axell »

When I have a fixture (i.e. Hybrid Spot/Washer Moving Head) and I want to control the Spot and Wash colors and dimming independently from each other. It says the fixture has 2 Beams but when I patch I am NOT getting the "Split-Question". What is the "trigger" to get this message or how should the fixture be configured in Profile Builder?
(I also edited the fixture so the Colors, Gobos, etc for the Spot COB and all Move (Pan/Tilt) respond to Beam 1 only, and all Wash colors respond to Beam 2 only - also assigned the Dimmer for the Spot on Beam 1 and the Dimmer for the Wash on Beam 2)
Simon

Re: patch Multi-Beam fixtures - still puzzled when & why the question to "split?" appears or not

Post by Simon »

For a fixture to be split, the channels linked to each beam must be concurrent.

For example, this is ok:
beam 1 = channel 1+2
beam 2 = channel 3 + 4

This is not ok:
beam 1 = channel 1+3
beam 2 = channel 2+4
axell

Re: patch Multi-Beam fixtures - still puzzled when & why the question to "split?" appears or not

Post by axell »

YES! Your answer was the "Holy Grail" / 1 Mio. $" question about "fixture splitting" I never figured out. Thanks for explanation!
axell

Post by axell »

However .... :-) What I still don't understand is how I can configure a Multi Beam fixture to split, when the first channels only address Beam 1, the following addresses Beam 2 and now Strobe and/or Dimmer are unified controls and therefor assigned for both Beams (1+2). It will not split. If I configure Strobe & Dimmer just for Beam 2, it will split, but then Beam 1 will not respond correctly to Strobe and Dimmer (of his split Group) any more. So how can I configure a Multi Beam fixture to split, when it has "unified" control (i.e. Dimmer or Strobe)?
Attachments
multi beam.jpg
multi beam.jpg (261.74 KiB) Viewed 3619 times