Can presets not store colour data?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
we like fun

Can presets not store colour data?

Post by we like fun »

Hello, I have recently got the WMX1 and I am programming a light show using presets.

I think for my workflow I want to animate the lights by fading between different presets making use of the beam and move fx engine.
Ideally I want to control the colour using the static colour pads instead of the preset storing the colour data along with the beam and move fx data.

When I use live edit to change the colour, the settings saved in the preset get added to the colour change from live edit. So if my colour saved in the preset is Blue at 255 and I live edit Red to 255, I get purple. Also when I swap between different presets, the live edit is over-written and turns off.

Is there a work around?

leesinthemix

Re: Can presets not store colour data?

Post by leesinthemix »

You need to enable the lock button on live edits for them to overwrite preset changes.

Also, if you want the other colour channels to be unaffected, set the DMX value to be at 0.

So if you want just Blue, then set Blue to 255 and set Red, Green, White, Amber, UV to 0.
we like fun

Re: Can presets not store colour data?

Post by we like fun »

leesinthemix wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:28 pm You need to enable the lock button on live edits for them to overwrite preset changes.

Also, if you want the other colour channels to be unaffected, set the DMX value to be at 0.

So if you want just Blue, then set Blue to 255 and set Red, Green, White, Amber, UV to 0.
I tried the lock button which works (thanks!) but using live edit to change the colour means the fixture isn't affected by the beam FX engine.
If I lock in Blue to 255, beam FX doesn't seem to control the brightness of the dimmer channel of my fixtures. All the fixtures just turn on in 255 blue and don't take the animation from the beam FX.

Any ideas?