FOS Technologies DELTA

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
AldisGrandans

FOS Technologies DELTA

Post by AldisGrandans »

Hello!
Maybe someone has tried to program FOS Technologies DELTA on Wolfmix and can share their experience?
This is my first experience with DMX, I managed to program the LED PAR but I am stuck with DELTA and have no idea what to do. Maybe someone can help me?
Thank you for your time.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (410.34 KiB) Viewed 56 times
axell

Re: FOS Technologies DELTA

Post by axell »

Effect Fixtures(!) - like the Delta - are always a bit tricky for a working profile, as they need additional controls compared to regular (single) Pan/Tilt Moving Heads or RGB PAR/Bars.
You have to "divide" the profile into several "sub-profiles" by using "beams", as you use several channels multiple times (like 3x Tilt or 9x RGBW..) and you have to separate these "sections" from each other, or they will interlock/block each other and not doing anything!

1. Forget the 10Ch mode and the 16Ch Mode - focus on 43Ch Mode only. Why? 10Ch + 16Ch are both including Color Macro controls, which Wolfmix is not really good to control these. You want to have regular RGBW channels instead, which you can control with (colored) RGBW static Color buttons and ColorFX effects!

2. For PAN Infinity (Ch 1) you want (eventually) use Live Edits for continuous Rotation (easiest - simply use Channel Type: OTHER (?) for this channel) or program some "different" DMX Channel Type to activate the Rotation with. Ch2 (Pan 540⁰ ) you select as a regular PAN channel.

3. Ch 3; Ch 4, Ch 5 (Tilt 1-2-3) you assign each to a regular TILT channel. Later you have to separate them and assign different "beams" to these (Tilt1 = beam1; Tilt2 = beam2; Tilt3 = beam3).

4. For the RGBW you want to do the same "beam separation" for the "9 RGBW sections" you have (Channel 8-Channel 43) - each RGBW segment (lens) will have its own "beam" assignment (RGBW1 = beam4; RGBW2 = beam5 ....RGBW9 = beam12)

This will get you a working Effect profile with multiple Tilt controls (thru MoveFX PHASE = 0%=sync Tilt arms movements or up to 100% = async Tilt arms movements) as well as 3 x 3RGBW (9 lens) Color Control
AldisGrandans

Post by AldisGrandans »

Thank you very much axell for your time and advices. Sounds difficult for me for now because it's my first experience with DMX control, but I think I handle it.
Thanks again and have nice day.
axell

Post by axell »

you need a "correct" working profile which includes the required "controls & separation" an automated device (Wolfmix) need to work with.
Wolfmix itself is working "as "programmed", the light will be working as "programmed". Now you have to bring the 2 together - and the "glue" is the profile.