Still no extra Live edit page in 1.2 ?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJDerrick

Still no extra Live edit page in 1.2 ?

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi,

Glad to see more improvements coming to our beloved wolfmix.
For me the biggest upgrade is still one or more extra Live edit pages. Previous given feedback that the lack of memory is the main reason was a bit dissapointing.
3000+ fxture profiles inside that I don't need but no room for extra Live edits....

If it's possible to reconsider, please!
Thank you.
AlexR

Re: Still no extra Live edit page in 1.2 ?

Post by AlexR »

Hello,

We have no plans to increase the number of Live Edits currently, this is indeed due to lack of available memory in the W1 (RAM = short term memory) which is pushed to its capacity. The fixture profiles are stored in a different memory pool (long term memory), so the number of pre-installed fixture profiles have no impact of the number of Live Edits that we can implement. We're aware this is a much requested feature, so it is definitely something we can consider in any future renditions (although I have no information on if/ when this may be available).
Alex
Wolfmix Support
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi,

Speaking as a devil's advocate now, why only 8 MB of RAM in these times of Giga and Terrabytes? As an IT programmer, it doesn't make no sense to me.
Upgrading it to 64 MB of RAM would have made the unit more futureproof and a bit more expensive but not much.
The only reason I can think of is that the CPU can't handle more than 8 MB but even that sounds like hardware from the 90's.

Why do I need these edits? Many new fixtures have so much possibilities the effect engine doesn't know about. The only way to make those work are direct dmx channel addressing.

Kind regards,
Dirk
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

You guys had two years to implement more ram with the mk2

Really shoddy development priorities