Firmware 1.20 LiveEdit Parameter

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
[email protected]

Firmware 1.20 LiveEdit Parameter

Post by [email protected] »

Function or Bug?

I have tested the new firmware and was really happy about the new LiveEdits on faders. Is it correct that you can only change certain default parameters with Shift and not all the parameters that the fixture has? Keyword OTHERS. Or is this still a BUG?
Matthias Steenblock

- Owner Dj MSB & Event Rental
- Projectmanager for entertainment systems for the cruise industry

Languages: German, English
Place of residence: Aurich, Lower Saxony, Germany
axell

Re: Firmware 1.20 LiveEdit Parameter

Post by axell »

Yes, you can only assign clearly definded DMX Types.
Available Live Edit Macros (10) are:
* Dimmer
* Effect
* Focus
* Gobo Rotation
* Gobo Rotation 2
* IRIS
* Prism Rotation
* Smoke
* Strobe
* Zoom

OTHERS is an undefined DMX Type and being used to ALL and EVERY "non" automated DMX Types like Macros, certain functions etc. Sometimes having multiple OTHER channels in a single fixture. If you have OTHER as a Macro control you can not separate them from the Macros to only use on those you want to have the Macro on! - it would be on ALL OTHERS then.

Simply re-write the profile and give your MACRO channel one of the 10 defined DMX Types and select it accordingly.
[email protected]

Re: Firmware 1.20 LiveEdit Parameter

Post by [email protected] »

Hello Alex,

I am in the process of converting a fixture in the Profile Builder so that I can assign 2 functions to the controllers, it's about the Eurolight CAT-80 which has a flower channel which I have set to Gobo Rotation without problems. now I would like to set the "Mirror Cylinder
Rotation" to "* Effect" but I can't find the attribute/channel in the builder. Which attribute do I have to create so that "* Effect" reacts to it?

Thanks for your help.
Matthias Steenblock

- Owner Dj MSB & Event Rental
- Projectmanager for entertainment systems for the cruise industry

Languages: German, English
Place of residence: Aurich, Lower Saxony, Germany