Midi feature request

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Phil0

Midi feature request

Post by Phil0 »

Hi, I have some requests to include some extra midi commands. I have the wolfmix mkII and would like the option to use midi to trigger the following things:

Start/Stop Play Preset in Main Preset menu
Select between Row, Column, Page in Main Preset menu
Turn sync on or off in Main Preset menu
Jump preset (next/previous)
Wolfmix button
Strobe
Blinder
Speed
Blackout
Smoke
Control any dmx channel, not just dimmers

I am sure there are other functions that would be useful as well, but as a starting point these would be really helpful. Is there any chance this is possible?

For reference, in my use case I am not using a midi hardware controller, but instead an android tablet with Mobile Sheets Pro to send midi commands. As I choose songs in my setlist (I am playing keyboards in a band) it triggers presets on the wolfmix. It would be useful for me to add a midi footswitch into this setup to trigger some of the things in my list above. This would mean when I am playing the keyboard with both hands, I can use my feet instead to trigger things mid-song.

Thanks,
Phil
leesinthemix

Re: Midi feature request

Post by leesinthemix »

Hi Wolfmix team

Yet another request for better MIDI control.

Start listening to us please.
Jethrobowdean

Post by Jethrobowdean »

Amen and add Live Edits!
Phil0

Post by Phil0 »

Yes, I meant to include live edits in my list, that would be very useful. My live edits have filled up quickly to the point where only having two pages worth is looking worrying. The more I play with the wolfmix, the more I like it but I also find more limitations. It seems a strange decision to me to have such limited midi implementation.

I have managed to find some work arounds, I've added a foot switch (hotone ampero control) and had to create some presets that act like the buttons on the right side of the wolfmix, such as blinder, blackout and wolfmix button.