Adj Kaos Wolfmix MK2

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
san-sebastian

Adj Kaos Wolfmix MK2

Post by san-sebastian »

hello everyone .
I've had Wolfmix MK2 for a few days now.
I'm completely new to programming presets.
I've read the instructions and I can honestly say that I'm starting to make progress.
Today, I can control my light live.
the problem is that I can't set presets for my light.
I previously installed presets from wolfmix KAOS DEMO, but the light behaves strangely or even badly.
Can anyone help me?
AlexR

Re: Adj Kaos Wolfmix MK2

Post by AlexR »

Hello!

A good way to learn how to use presets is to import the Wolfmix demo project presets into your project.

To do this, please complete the following steps:

- Open the project that you want to import the Presets to.
- Go to Setup > Projects > Open.
- Turn the second encoder so that it shows 'Presets'.
- Select the project you want to copy the Presets from (i.e. the Wolfmix Demo Project).
- Select 'Open' then confirm.

To use these presets make sure that your profile is correctly patched to the same dmx address and mode on both the physical fixture and in Wolfmix. You can then edit these presets by holding the 'SHIFT' button and then select the preset slot you wish to edit and overwrite.

If you have any problems or questions about this let me know!
Alex
Wolfmix Support
axell

Re: Adj Kaos Wolfmix MK2

Post by axell »

sorry when jumping in here.....(sorry Alex)

It is probably NOT a "Preset thing" alone to make the ADJ KAOS work on Wolfmix.
Before we can "create" Presets, we need a working PROFILE (the effect light description file) to make the Wolfmix "aware" what kind of light is attached to it. The KAOS is quite "special" and far away from being a standard RGB PAR or Moving Head, which is the core competency of the Wolfmix functionality. But it all comes down how the Wolfmix can "talk" to the KAOS and with its 3 arms Tilt and full rotation beside the 3x3 Color lenses it is clearly beyond a standard Preset procedure.

What you (san-sebastian) have to do is to
1. create a working PROFILE first (which can be challenging when you never did this before and don't know WHAT to do ...and how) - hint: the Profile Builder (editor) is the tool and available on cloud.nicolaudiegroup.com .
2. Once you HAVE a profile, you load it into Wolfmix and then you need a few instructions how to operate the KAOS best via Wolfmix available controls (MoveFX, ColorFX, BeamFX, static Colors and other functions...). Again, you have 3 Tilt arms, 1 Pan operation which also can have a continuous rotation, PLUS the 3x3 Colors to control (individually?). - all that is all possible with a "modified" profile and when you know where to push and dial on the Wolfmix to get the function you want it to do.
3. Once you have created a "scene" you like - THEN THAT you can store as a Preset to your Show. Handmade, individual to your ADJ KAOS - but unlikely something from the default DEMO Project.