Editing Fixture Definitions

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Jethrobowdean

Editing Fixture Definitions

Post by Jethrobowdean »

If I find the need to update a fixture definition, can I make this change or update to the Wolfmix without destroying that fixture's involvement in "Live Edits" and "Presets" or can I only present any fixture change as a New Fixture and redo or edit those Live Edits or Presets? Or does that depend on what elements of the fixture definition are modified?
axell

Re: Editing Fixture Definitions

Post by axell »

Presets as well as Live Edits are "sort of hard-wired" to the COPY of the profile, when being assigned. So if you change the profile, you will not change the profile which is assigned to the Preset/Live Edit, so it has no immediate (dynamic) effect of your changes. You only change the "original" profile, but NOT the "copy" which is hard-wired to the Presets/Live Edit.
That is why you have to remove the fixture/profile first, then reload the new profile with the new changes.
And there are also differences between regular Presets and Live Edits and how they are integrated into the Project. Neither Presets nor Live Edits are just normal small preset files describing what you did in the Presets/Live Edit and could be easily swapped in and out. They are more an essential part of the "full system infrastructure".
Jethrobowdean

Re: Editing Fixture Definitions

Post by Jethrobowdean »

axell

Thanks for this informative response . . . very helpful.