Fade static color

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
PEDRO

Fade static color

Post by PEDRO »

Hi everyone,
A simple question that you may have already answered but I couldn't find on the forum.
What is the easiest way to fade STATIC colors?
If I use the PRESETS, they are not enough for all the possible color combinations and it would take 2 days to program, also because if I program all the colors with the moving heads stopped, and during the show I put a MOVE FX, this is deactivated when PRESET change.
You could use the PRESETS with the moving heads moving and do blocked LIVE EDITS but not having the fade on the LIVE EDITS the effect is always that of making a color cut.
Some idea?
Thanks for the reply

Best regards.
axell

Re: Fade static color

Post by axell »

Static Color is Static - that is why its called "static"- it will remain static ( = without dynamics).
For dynamics we have effects, for Color dynamics we have ColorFX.
You are asking for a dynamic effect to be applied to a static setting, so you are actually asking for a 2nd effect engine for Color.
And YES, you can fade between Presets.

You can "TRY" and go to HOME / SETUP / DMX Values and identify your Dimmer and/or Color Channels of your projects, select each and activate FADE - eventually you will get an (auto) fade. For more information on this refer to the Wolfmix Reference manual page 48 (using 2nd encoder in DMX Values)

Still, you ask for a 2nd effect to apply some dynamics to a static section.
PEDRO

Re: Fade static color

Post by PEDRO »

Thanks for your comprehensive answer, I'll try to do the automatic fade you recommended. It may come in handy. As regards the second effects engine, my curiosity was whether it was only possible to do a fade when I manually change the colors in STATIC, (no automatisms or color games) so as not to have a clear separation of the color but a fade between the color that comes out and comes in.

For example in STATIC -> POSTION they are static positions but with the encoder you can choose how much FADE you want between one position and another, so that the moving heads do not go into position at the speed of light. I thought it was nice to have a FADE in COLOR STATIC too.
But like you said, it's not possible.
It is a pity.

I already use the fade between PRESET, but perhaps wanting to change the color of only one GROUP, during a live performance, the color is changed sharply.

Thanks for the time you dedicated to me.

Happy WOLFING :D :D

Bye