Moving groups

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJDerrick

Moving groups

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi,
I have a new set of 4 Ayra Pixz 105 wash moving heads.
My idea to include them in the Wolfmix config is as follows:
- Add fixture profile (done)

Not done yet:
- I want to move group C to group F. Is that possible without any further reconfiguration in edits/presets or do I lose all configuration for this group (as if I just created it?)
- Then I want to add 4 fixtures in group C - 4 times 50 channels each
- From there I want to add their configuration in live edits and presets.

Any experience with this kind of operation?
Thank you!
axell

Re: Moving groups

Post by axell »

The "Presets" are sort of hard-coded to the Groups. There is no dynamic link to the fixture itself. So if you delete your fixtures from the Group, the Preset will not be "notified" and still does its actions to the Group it was previously assigned to. So you have to redo your Presets with the new Group assignment.

"Presets" are not really Presets as we understand it, like a small file describing what fixture, what group, what effect it is assigned to and what values. A Preset on Wolfmix is a total snapshot of the entire system! Every time you save a Preset, you "save" a full system snapshot. That is also the reason why you can't have 2 Presets active at the same time, because you can not have 2 instances of the System being active at the same time. A Preset stores everything currently active (WYSIWYS - What You See Is What You Store). And that is stored as a full snapshot, you can not "extract" the fixture, group or effect data from.
That is how it is programmed and how it works (this is NOT a computer system, but an embedded controller - different programming challenges here...)