FIRMWARE BUG? Line-in beat detection not working in WLINK mode v1.1.8 [RESOLVED]

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
djmaskell

FIRMWARE BUG? Line-in beat detection not working in WLINK mode v1.1.8 [RESOLVED]

Post by djmaskell »

EDIT:
After further investigation, it appears to have been a one-off fluke that I have not been able to reproduce since the original occurrence. I suspect it was cleared by power cycling. Will loop back if this problem resurfaces.

ORIGINAL POST:
After the firmware to v1.1.8 from v0.7.5 a few weeks ago, I was unable to get line-in beat detection to work while in WLINK mode. The lighting program simply runs at some random pace irrespective of the music regardless signal I'm sending to the board. It returns to normal operation when WLINK mode is disabled. This problem was not present in v0.7.5.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Activate WLINK mode with a line-input plugged into the WMX1 which also has the DMX cables plugged into it.
2. Select a preset that utilizes line-in beat detection
3. Play music. Lights will not respond to beat.
4. Disable WLINK mode. Lights will respond to the beat again.

Things I've tried without success:
1. Plugging the line-input cable into one, the other, and both WMX1 simultaneously
2. Adjusting the volume setting in the WMX1 for both controllers
3. Adjusting the volume setting on the music source

Question: How do I roll back the firmware to 0.7.5 until the bug can be addressed?
Last edited by djmaskell on Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
axell

Re: FIRMWARE BUG: Line-in beat detection not working in WLINK mode v1.1.8

Post by axell »

Rollback can be accomplished to v 1.0.0 using (latest) WTOOLS v. 1.5.3
(forget the "BETA" tag, its irrelevant)
Attachments
wtools.jpg
wtools.jpg (160.17 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
djmaskell

Re: FIRMWARE BUG? Line-in beat detection not working in WLINK mode v1.1.8 [RESOLVED]

Post by djmaskell »

Thank you axell!

As a follow-up, I strangely was not able to reproduce the bug after re-testing, so I'm leaving firmware as-is for now and have updated the original post accordingly.