"An error occured reading the project from the controller"

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
[email protected]

"An error occured reading the project from the controller"

Post by [email protected] »

Making a backup of the project from the controller to the computer, almost never works. (After dozens of crashes, I managed to get just 1 project backup to my computer.)

Updated to latest firmware and software, but still get the same popup while it got stuck @ 50%: "An error occured reading the project from the controller" Also get stuck there and have to restart WTools.

Sometimes when closing WTools, there are multiple process of WTools still running (Task Manager). Killing those and start a fresh session doesn't make a difference unfortunately. (Recently found out this happens when not choosing "Exit", but clicking the cross in the upper right corner of the window.)

Any idea what seems to be the problem?

Firmware 1.1.8
WTOOLS 1.5.3 on Windows 11 Home 22H2
axell

Re: "An error occured reading the project from the controller"

Post by axell »

If it can't "reading the project from the controller" it could have 2 reasons:
1. try to RESET WTOOLS under "Settings" tab (something has "hang up"), or
2. insufficient power to the Wolfmix/WMX1. Even if the lights are "On" it eventually does not get enough power from the USB-ports it is connected to. I've seen good result if you attach a "powered/active" USB-3 hub between the computer and Wolfmix/WMX1, so Power is then provided by the "Hub" instead of USB-3 Computer port. Just make sure the Hub is USB-3 powered (it needs 900mA to run Wolfmix/WMX1)