BeamZ Illsion 1 MK2 Moving Head

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
chickje

BeamZ Illsion 1 MK2 Moving Head

Post by chickje »

I just bought a BeamZ Illusion 1 Moving Head but none of the available profiles (there are several) seem to work. The fixture just moves on it's own and refuses to work with Move FX. Both in 12 and 32 channel mode.

When building my own profile I get different issues. This particular fixture has a spot beam and a LED Ring. When building a profile I can split this into 6 different beams but it will either move or shine, not both at the same time. If I turn of move FX, the light goes out but it moves. If I turn off Move FX the light comes back on.

I ended up just buildling 2 different profiles The first profile nov controls the main beam and movement and the second profile is for one part (out of 6) of the LED Ring. So it's basically 7 different fixtures at the moment.
axell

Re: BeamZ Illsion 1 MK2 Moving Head

Post by axell »

You have to "edit" the profile, as you have 2 active lightings you want to control. In order to make it work you have to divide the 2 light sources (Main & LED Ring) to 2 "beams". There are multiple solutions to achieve your goal. You can re-assign "other" DMX Types to Ch 9 + 10 (SMD Chase + Speed) like GOBO. You configure various Gobos between 128 -255 (select various chases) and with the ROTATION encoder you control the Speed of the chase. This solution also don't require "beam" configuration, as you re-assign GOBO for your 2nd light source, not Color Wheel.

The official way would be to configure a few (3-4) Live Edit Presets with 3-4 chases and 3-4 fixed Speeds and enable/disable those Presets while the other light (main) is in normal operation.
chickje

Post by chickje »

This fixture is an LED RBGW spot with an LED Ring so it doesn't use a colorwheel or gobo's.

I split it into 7 different fixtures. Channel B is the Moving head with the LED RGBW Pinspot and Channel C is all 6 of the elements in the LED Ring. This allows me to have really cool BEAM FX. Such as having only one or two of the LED Ring parts on and create an effect that looks like it's spinning around.

I'll try your suggestion with the Live Edit presents.

Thanks for the quick reply!
axell

Post by axell »

I know, I was suggesting to swap SMD Channel to become a GOBO for Chase control! And you created in your profile a ColorWheel for SMD channel.
axell

Post by axell »

Attached is the (modified) Illusion I mk2 profile.

It is the 12Ch version ONLY, so make sure your fixture is set to the same 12Ch Mode.
After loading you can control the "main" beam with regular Color buttons. The "special" is when you press GOBO. I do know that this fixture does not have a Gobo, but I configured the GOBO section to control the LED Ring Chases! Select any of the colored Gobos and dial the Rotation encoder. With the Gobo Select you select a chase - and with Rotation encoder you control Chase speed.

enjoy your fixture...
Attachments
Illusion I mk2 12Ch.ssl2
(34.32 KiB) Downloaded 467 times
chickje

Post by chickje »

Cool! Thanks. I'll try this one tomorrow