Extra Live edits page welcome

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJDerrick

Extra Live edits page welcome

Post by DJDerrick »

It's said before, 2 pages of Live edits are plenty to start with.
But after a year chances are to run out of them, at least in my case.
When you buy an extra new fixture, each time extra live edits are necessary to be able to run the full capacity.

I think this must be possible?
Thank you for considering this.
Dirk
AlexR

Re: Extra Live edits page welcome

Post by AlexR »

Hello Dirk,

I believe the Live Edit quantity is due to a memory limitation so it is unlikely this is something that can be expanded via an update unfortunately (the Wolfmix W1 feature set is already pushing the memory limitations of the controller). We're aware that more Live Edits are important to our customers so this is something we're taking into account. The best approach in this case may be to utilise additional projects or if you have not done so, is to use an external fader controller to control the basic parameters so you can free up the Live Edits for the most complicated parameters.

Kind regards
Alex
Wolfmix Support
axell

Post by axell »

Alex,

I (personally) think the 40 slots for Live Edits are enough ...for the intended use of it!
But what "many" folks are doing is they try to fix their badly working PROFILES with Live Edits (which is possible because it has the highest priority and overwriting everything else), and using up all the space/slots for their fixes, rather create WORKING profiles and use Live Edits ONLY for the intended use (i.e. Prism, Frost, Rotation, etc ...)
I've seen it so often I stop counting ....

(And - YES - Wolfmix W1 is REALLY already maxed out when it comes to memory and more or better features to implement - no space left here!)
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi,

Thank you for these answers.
I'm thinking of buying multi pixel wash moving heads (Ayra pixz 105) with 50 DMX channels. It's enormous what these fixtures can do and I'm not after a solution to cover all possible combinations of colours, dimming, strobes and so on but a few of them I plan to set up. In my opinion only live edit's can address these special dmx channels.

I already use the external fader so that's ok. I don't have selfmade profiles and do use live edits only for channels which the effect engine doesn't calculate.

I use 2 spot moving heads (16 channels), 4 LEDpars (9 channels), 2 Beam effects (23 channels) and a smoke machine (2 channels)
Not the most advanced setup cmpared to many others I think? So I'm dissapointed that the memory is already running out. Strange also because I only use 1 universe, what about situations where all 4 of them are used completely with the full 512 channels?

More seperate projects doesn't seem a solution for me because all edits should be accessible at the same time. When DJ'ing I don't have the time switching projects...