Fixture(s) not appearing in Visualizer

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
ScottB

Fixture(s) not appearing in Visualizer

Post by ScottB »

Running WTOOLS on an Intel MacBook. I have the WMX1 connected and loaded up the Wolfmix Demo.
  • 1- Select "Launch Easy View Connect" from WTOOL with the toggle off
    2- Easy View loader screen appears, no hardware showing
    3- Toggle the 3D Link Switch
    4- Hardware appears with WTOOLS above the WMX1 icon with serial number at the bottom : Hardware "universe 1" > Software "universe 1" are displayed
    5- Select "Open the visualizer"
    6- EasyView 2 opens with single front view and no fixtures
    7- Select "Insert fixture(s) from the controller" from the Object window - a button click appears, but nothing else happens
When I select the multiple-view, still no fixtures. The only way I can get fixtures is to manually add them. I don't seem to able to transfer what is running on the WMX1 to the Visualizer.

This is happening for the other few projects I have setup... the only way I can get this functional is to insert the fixtures manually.

Am I missing a step or setting somewhere?
ScottB

Re: Fixture(s) not appearing in Visualizer

Post by ScottB »

I guess the proper usage is to install the fixture from the library within the Visualizer. Getting somewhere with that at least...
axell

Post by axell »

2 little informations:

1. there is NO automatic "Sync" between what is loaded in the WMX1 and EasyView. You have to create your OWN EasyView environment incl. the fixtures you want to use - using the "add" command.

2. The "Fixture Library" for EasyView is NOT(!) the public Cloud (WTOOLS). EasyView is using its OWN Library and you want to make sure your profile is already included, or you have to add it manually before you can use it in EasyView. Find the EasyViewConnect (Program) folder and in here you find the ScanLibrary, which contains the "Fixture Library" for EasyView
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Thank you Axell… I’m making some progress with the Wolfmix & my lights, it is an awesome device.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Axell,

When you have used the visualizer with your GigBar Move + ILS, do all of the fixtures display as you would expect? I’m curious as my feedback on the visualizer is, well, not great from the profile built by Tarekith. The profile works great with the device (huge thanks to Tarekith for sharing) but the visualizer doesn’t help a whole lot trying to build presets. I’ve added Chauvet 4Bars that I use stage front, and get a decent view of those, by the GigBar Move + ILS displays little more that wash.
axell

Post by axell »

I do have my reasons why I am NOT using - or even RELYING - on the 3D Virtualization.
I read out the DMX out of the Wolfmix itself to understand what is "going on". But 3D has given me too many false output data, where in Real Life it was exactly showing me what I was planning.
axell

Post by axell »

ScottB wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:19 pm Axell,

When you have used the visualizer with your GigBar Move + ILS, do all of the fixtures display as you would expect? I’m curious as my feedback on the visualizer is, well, not great from the profile built by Tarekith. The profile works great with the device (huge thanks to Tarekith for sharing) but the visualizer doesn’t help a whole lot trying to build presets. I’ve added Chauvet 4Bars that I use stage front, and get a decent view of those, by the GigBar Move + ILS displays little more that wash.
The 3D Virtualizer software is DIFFERENT to the Firmware on the Wolfmix (Close.....but not identical). So there are situations where you want the profile to work in Real Life, but the Visualizer is failing to interpret it accordingly, or you make the profile to work in the Visualizer, then the Real Life will fail. It is up to the profile how it is configured and you can choose whether you want the Visualizer work great or the Real Life.
Same thing with another Nicolaudie product - Light Rider. It uses the same profile for a fixture (almost identical,...but sometimes different), so you have to edit the profile for the platform you want to use it for.