Problem with WLINK - Preset Jump DMX IN

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
MisterDoc

Problem with WLINK - Preset Jump DMX IN

Post by MisterDoc »

Hello Wolfmix Team,

I think since the last updates (don't know exactly, maybe 1.1.2 worked for me) the preset jumps don't work anymore with my Stairville DMX-Foot2.
I've tried all possible settings, but the presets switch always to anywhere. Once two forward and two back, another time one row down and so on.

I had a few gigs in the summer and all worked fine (firmware 1.1.2).

Thank you!
Last edited by MisterDoc on Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
axell

Re: Bug in Preset Jump DMX IN? (WLINK)

Post by axell »

There seem to be an issue in one of the newer firmware releases with WLINK activities, (sort of) confirmed by support
viewtopic.php?p=2389#p2389
MisterDoc

Re: Bug in Preset Jump DMX IN? (WLINK)

Post by MisterDoc »

WLINK bug not fixed yet?
MisterDoc

Re: Problem with WLINK - Preset Jump DMX IN

Post by MisterDoc »

Please Wolfmix Team,

I need to fix this.

Beta 0.75 and beta 1.0 works great with the preset jump, but I can't open my latest projects saved in version 1.7.

I have to play three times this week, but the WLINK is useless for me

Regards
Helmut
Simon

Post by Simon »

This should be fixed in V1.1.8. Please let me know if there are still issues with this version. Sorry it took a while, it was only reproducable with certain controllers and was quite a tricky one to solve.
MisterDoc

Post by MisterDoc »

Sorry Simon, but this didn't fix the problrm. It's just like befor. Not working
axell

Post by axell »

MisterDoc wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:39 am Sorry Simon, but this didn't fix the problrm. It's just like befor. Not working
MisterDoc, is maybe your DMX Jump setting still active assigned for one channel, so it jumps "around" ? The "flickering" and the reassigning of the Main DMX IN channel has been fixed. I can now normally control the Group Dimmers with my external DMX fader desk.
MisterDoc

Post by MisterDoc »

Axell, my DMX jump is active, cause I need preset jump with my footswitch, but the update didn't fix that.
It's all like before.
axell

Post by axell »

Try on a fresh project and then add WLINK first and then your DMX Jump and see if it is the Project which may cause the issue ...
MisterDoc

Post by MisterDoc »

The answer from Wolfmix Team (Will Maskell) which fixed my problem at the right time:

The issue here was that even though the 'Preset DMX IN channel' parameter was set to ' - ', there was a hidden value set- so the 'Preset DMX IN channel' setting and the 'Preset Jump DMX IN channel' setting were clashing with each other and causing some strange behaviour. This was resolved by scrolling the value for 'Preset DMX IN channel' to the right, then resetting the value to ' - '.