What changes does the Wolfmix W1 MK2 have?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJ-T

What changes does the Wolfmix W1 MK2 have?

Post by DJ-T »

Hello,

at some retailers, the Wolfmix W1 MK2 will be listed starting mid-November.

The pictures show an additional USB-A (MIDI/MSD) port and the knobs seem to be different.

What changes does the MK2 have compared to the MK1?

Many thanks in Advance for the Information.
axell

Re: What changes does the Wolfmix W1 MK2 have?

Post by axell »

"Main" difference is the additional USB-A port and it serves 2 functions:

1. Backup (full clone) & Restore your full Wolfmix/WMX1 (incl Projects and Fixtures) on an USB stick (i.e. for emergency restores in locations without Cloud access!). Also you can store and retrieve ALL your individual Projects on the stick for quick retrieval onsite, without Cloud requirement.

2. MIDI: attach any MIDI controller to the Wolfmix/WMX1 and have access to (assigned) Dimmers (MIDI CC messages) or your (assigned) Presets (MIDI Note commands) directly thru the MIDI controller, while keeping the Effect (edit) page open on the Wolfmix/WMX1. You get color feedback on the buttons (if applicable by the MIDI controller). Button & Fader assignments are done by MIDI Learn. In addition Wolfmix/WMX1 is accepting MIDI Clock (MTC - MIDI Time Code) on this USB port for BPM detection from your DAW or DJ Software + Controller, sending MIDI Clock.
Therefore are a few more (MIDI + USB save/restore) functions added in the User Interface.

Plus the new rotary encoder caps, which are slightly larger now and provide a much better grip when dialing
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

Thanks so much for the inclusion of MIDI, I can finally use the Wolfmix with Traktor without using sync!!!!!
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Any chance for MIDI to be implemented in the original version through one of the 5 pin ports?
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith »

LOL, I JUST got my WMX1 a few weeks ago and my biggest complaint is lack of MIDI sync (or just being able to define a single BPM per project without using tap tempo). And now a new one comes out that fixes that complaint, doh! Time to start saving!
tarekith.com