problem with WLINK

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
raan

Re: problem with WLINK

Post by raan »

it's not that yet with update 1.1.7 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XYEv-z ... sp=sharing
battihu

Post by battihu »

Hi rian!
Unfortunately I also still waiting for a fix this.
Did you receive any response from Team? (placed a ticket for this?)
Agree....payed service should be fixed, really hope team will do it with the next upgrade.
I still on 1.1.5:(
axell

Post by axell »

advise - update at least to 1.1.6 or 1.1.7.
1.1.0 - 1.1.5 had an issue with saving and restoring Projects. If you save (backup) while at 1.1.5, you will later not be able to retrieve when using a higher firmware! Error Message: "Parent stream too short [OK]".
Update to 1.1.6 and backup again into the cloud and you are "save".
axell

Post by axell »

I do can confirm the "flickering" issue with WLINK ....
(I also) opened a Ticket about this issue ....
battihu

Post by battihu »

Meantime updated to 1.1.7.
Flickering still exists, but I not opened a ticket yet.
Hope it will be fixed with next firmware...
You think is better to open ticket to be fixed shortly?
axell

Post by axell »

I did the ticket already (they may have more about this issue already), so I think we make them "aware" that there is a problem.
I will be notified when they respond and I will post it here then.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi @axell, @battihu, @raan

I understand the 3 of you are having issues with DMX IN, but I can't reproduce any problem here.

@battihu, I checked your video and noticed you had DMX IN channel 1 assigned to both the group dimmer, and directly to the same channel being controlled via the group dimmer. Although I'm not sure this is the cause of the problem, I'd be careful mapping the same DMX channel to different commands as it could cause conflicts.

Have you tried creating a completely new project? This should not be the solution, but I need to understand if the problem comes from opening an older project with the new firmware.
axell

Post by axell »

Hi Simon,

I created a fresh, new project and just loaded a few RGBs into it. And it does not matter if I have just one Group or multiple Groups assigned to the controller for Group Dimmer control. Flickering is always happening. And this now is ONLY assigned to just the Group Dimmer A, B, C , nothing else.
Beside, when going back and using 0.7.5 (beta) - you still can load from WTOOLS - all is running smooth as it should.
battihu

Post by battihu »

Hi!
I do confirm, after upgraded to 1.1.7 and created fresh new project, loaded only one simple RGB PAR Fixture and assigned only one external channel 1 to only the group dimmer the flickering still exist.
I also Stil waiting for a fix, but understand if Developer can not reproduce it.
I have no idea how we can go forward.
I wonder if other users not have this problem.
Maybe on a cheap external DMX fader?
(Extra I checked the fader itself, connected to this PAR (ADJ 5 HEX) and works without any problems or flickering or else)
So I think the fader itself is OK.
What I not did is the fixture rebuild from scratch..I overtake it from my library.
Maybe I will try it later.
Next weekend I have a small gig, unfortunately I can not use this fader now..
I hope developer team will found the reason for that.
axell

Post by axell »

Please relax, it is all in the works as we speak (and write here)

It has been accepted that there are certain DMX controllers which DO INDEED "create" the flicker by sending "something" which "upsetting" the Wolfmix, while other controllers do not do that. I made this observation myself attaching my old 3Kg ADJ DMX Operator and everything worked flawless - no Flicker no nothing - smooth as it should! I even did a factory reset , but when attaching the "other" controller, flicker started again and when I had the ADJ attached tghere is no flicker!.
I reported that back to Nicolaudie, also provided 4 Videos for verification.

Nicolaudie is purchasing ONE of the troublemaker and will probably come up with a solution sometime next week (once they found out WHAT EXACTLY is being send to confuse the Wolfmix)