color wheel + assign color

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
tyfoonbe

color wheel + assign color

Post by tyfoonbe »

hello

i ve a light with color wheel and i would like to know how to assign dmx channel to tje wolfmix color buttons

regards
axell

Re: color wheel + assign color

Post by axell »

In the profile you assign the "ColorWheel" channel (as identified from the manual) to the DMX Type COLOR WHEEL.
Then in Color Wheel you "ADD" the colors, the fixture is providing (Open = White), then add all other colors listed. Finally you adjust the "Color Presets" created to the exact DMX range per Color as stated in the manual

Voilá - you have your Color Wheel configured.

In my example you have Color Wheel on Channel 3.
Then you have main Colors White, Red, Orange (Amber), Yellow, Green, Blue, Light Blue, Pink and the corresponding VALUES 0-7 (White), 8-14 (Red) and so on. Enter the values according to the manual (Fixture "bible" / Fixture Reference).
Attachments
colorwheel.jpg
colorwheel.jpg (209.84 KiB) Viewed 64405 times
tyfoonbe

Post by tyfoonbe »

hello

thanks for your reply , i ve done it but when i select a color on the wolfmix screen, the color of light doesnt change.
i ve to change de dmx value for a color changing and it doesnt save the value in the recorded preset
axell

Post by axell »

For a Color Wheel fixture you can NOT change to any color randomly. Only those who are on the Wheel are selectable. This is NOT RGB, where you have 16 mio color options. The presets need a precise RGB value to stop at the right (wheel) location and this is defined in the profile, where your manual is your reference.
It does work as I have it described. Or you do something wrong.

You can post the manual and your .ssl2 file and we can have a look where you may have problems with.
tyfoonbe

Post by tyfoonbe »

hello

the light is defect, that's why it doesnt change

thanks your help

regards