Presets missing after update

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
leenew

Presets missing after update

Post by leenew »

Hi,
Has anyone else experienced quite a lot of presets being missing after updating to the latest firmware 1.1.1?

Lee.
DanB

Re: Presets missing after update

Post by DanB »

Yes, I did. Thankfully, I'm still learning how to use the Wolfmix, so I didn't lose a production setup.

I think it's because you didn't save your project before updating. The Wolfmix saves your settings so that you can power down and up and they'll still be there. But if you don't explicitly save your project, it'll be erased when you update the firmware. For even more protection, save your project and then use WTOOLS to back it up to your computer.

I *like* the new firmware - coloring the Preset buttons is cool!
axell

Post by axell »

For a firmware upgrade the Wolfmix need to be reset (initializing). There is no "upgrade in place" possible.
After restart you can reload your Projects (incl Presets) and fixtures from the Cloud via WTOOLS (Fixtures tab and Project tab)
leenew

Post by leenew »

Yeah, this is a lesson for everybody... BACKUP!
My latest presets were not backed up to the cloud, so It looks like I will have to make some more (better ones!)
I *knew* I should have backed up first but I was over-excited :lol:

Lee.