Synchronising Focus across fixtures

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
leenew

Synchronising Focus across fixtures

Post by leenew »

Does anyone think it would be a good feature to be able to focus all fixtures (maybe in the position screen) so that they are all in focus at the same time?
I have fixtures which are in focus at different settings.

Thanks,

Lee.
axell

Re: Synchronising Focus across fixtures

Post by axell »

In POSITION Edit Mode (Position Picker) you only have one (1) Focus adjustment for every Position Preset, which is applying the same Focus value to all of your Moving Heads with a Focus channel. When your Moving Heads are different models or even different manufacturers, then the "single" Focus value will not justify all to the same sharp image. I would not hold my breath waiting of a major change for "individual" (fixture concentrated) Focus solution. How many variations (of Focus adjustments) do you want to address? How complex can we go?

I think if you encounter blurred (out of Focus) images on "some" of your Moving Heads, that could be a call for a few Live Edit Presets to correct these. Or control those "out-of-Focus" fixtures manually with a Fader box using WLINK and an external Fader box. But a fully rewritten new Firmware adding "multiple Focus" settings on already "squeezed out" resources of Wolfmix W1....I doubt that this will come. (...just my 0,02...)