Custom Profile - HOPPING MODE

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
onecuriousgrouper

Custom Profile - HOPPING MODE

Post by onecuriousgrouper »

Hello WM Universe,

I have been a long time MyDMX Go user...recently made the upgrade to WM. So far I am loving every aspect of this unit. I am making a custom profile for a LaLuce Natz LED Par Light (24 LED). It has 8 channels. One of the channels is "Hopping Mode". Any idea what I would choose on the custom profile channel selection page for this on the WM? SEE ATTACHED FILE FOR THE 8 CHANNEL MODE from user manual.
Attachments
LaLuce 24LED PAR 8 Channel Mode
LaLuce 24LED PAR 8 Channel Mode
IMG_4429.jpg (484.42 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
axell

Re: Custom Profile - HOPPING MODE

Post by axell »

You may have to ask LaLuce for "Hopping" Mode but my guess is "Color Jump", compared to "Static Color" or Fade (Color) Mode".

On Channel 6 is NOT part of the regular Wolfmix Automation, I would assume to be a "Speed" channel for the HOPPING (& FADE) MODE Presets in Ch 8. Configure this as OTHER(?) with one Preset OTHER and a Default value of 0.

Channel 8 is also not part of the Automation, so you do must NOT switch between these modes. Instead you select ONE Mode you want the Light to work with.
If you want Wolfmix to Control, you assign a "value" between 0-49 (usually "0") which is inside the No Function Mode. Here another great misleading expression of actually "DMX ENABLED" Mode.
STATIC, FADE, HOPPING & SOUND are INTERNAL Modes (Standalone) where the light is "disconnected" from Wolfmix Control and is only doing its very own programs - so no Wolfmix control.
onecuriousgrouper

Axell,

Thank you for the reply! Very informative.

To make things easy, could I just Assign Channels 1-5 in the WM for these light? Then leave the others channels blank. If so, would I be missing out on any WM Magic or functions? These are only LED PAR lights, so they are rather simple to begin with.
axell

Post by axell »

to make things easy is to use the correct channel mode profile with the correct channel fixture - or you will run into "shifted" DMX channels conflicts of fixtures sooner or later.
use the attached 8ch profile. (guess it will work according your DMX table posting).
Attachments
LaLuce Natz LED Par (5Ch_8Ch).ssl2
(19.9 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Last edited by axell on Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onecuriousgrouper

Ok, great! Your attached file sounds like exactly what I need. But...each time I try to open it Im getting an error that the App is not available in my region. Any way to attach a screen shot of the 8ch profile?
axell

Post by axell »

You can download the file like any other file from the internet to your computer.
Just DOWNLOAD the file as is to your computer - there is no APP(!?) involved

You THEN have to upload the file into your Nicolaudie Cloud Account (cloud.nicolaudiegroup.com) using Profile Builder and upper right hand corner (Upload a Profile) drag & drop into the new window.
Now open WTOOLS, select Fixture tab, in COMPUTER column open CLOUD folder. Here you see "LaLuce Natz LED Par (5Ch_8Ch)". Click on the "blue arrow" and "sync" to Wolfmix. Now in Wolfmix patch your fixture. Open the CLOUD folder in Wolfmix and select the fixture. Finally select your preferred channel Mode (there is a 5Ch Mode and 8Ch Mode). Make sure the fixture is set to the same channel Mode you are loading!
onecuriousgrouper

Oh yes, I see now. Wonderful info, yet again. Thank you! I appreciate you helping a newbie WM user. Great unit, and great forum. Happy to be here.