WMX1 control of the Chauvet Gigbar Move+ ILS discussion

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
ScottB

Re: Wolfmix control of Gigbar Move+ ILS laser does not follow the Chauvet DMX spec

Post by ScottB »

Hi Tarekith,

I saw your video demonstrating the ILS Command. While the device is a bit underwhelming, your music and video demo were really awesome and inspiring. While I was researching controlling the same Gigbar Move+ ILS, I found this thread and have now purchased the WMX1. I also have 2ea 4Bar ILS Wash lights I want to incorporate for our 6 piece band, part of the front of stage setup.

I appreciate your pros & cons list, and all of @axell information. I’m and hoping to pair the WMX1 it with a midi footswitch I have, I’ve read some threads about that. I’m in a classic rock band so I shouldn’t have to worry too much about changing scenes during songs. I’m thinking maybe scenes for intros, verse, chorus, etc. I play bass, hence the reason for the footswitch. If I can figure out tap tempo as well, that could be useful to sync the music and lights.

I actually just wanted to say thanks and that I loved your performance in the YouTube video. Any other tips you may have discovered using the WMX1 with the Gigbar Move+ ILS, I’m all ears!
Tarekith

Re: Wolfmix control of Gigbar Move+ ILS laser does not follow the Chauvet DMX spec

Post by Tarekith »

Thanks, glad you liked the music and the video. I’m planning on doing a review and comparison of the WMX1 in a few days as well. Got your email too, I’ll reply to that separately.
tarekith.com
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Thank you Tarekith… I look forward to it, hopefully with another music performance!
Deacon1

Post by Deacon1 »

Hey Tarekith,

I wanted to thank you for helping me decide to switch from the ILS Command to the WMX1. I’m really happy with it even with the small list of cons.

I wanted to let you know that there was a new firmware 2.10 for the Move+ILS today which now adds a DMX channel to control the laser patterns so that issue gets moved over to the pros list!
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith »

OMG that is awesome, thanks for the heads up! Do you know what channel it is, doesn't look like they updated the manual?
Last edited by Tarekith on Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarekith.com
Deacon1

Post by Deacon1 »

I asked about it on the Chauvet DJ Users Group on FB and they said that the firmware was uploaded just today and the documentation by the end of the week. They changed the number of DMX channels adding the laser control which are now on channel 20 or 33.
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith »

Yeah, just installed it and realized all my presets on the WMX1 are a little wonky now. The moving heads are freaking out :) I'll have to wait until they update the documentation to see what I need to adjust. I don't do Facebook, so if you hear anything would love a heads up here if you don't mind! Thanks again!
tarekith.com
Deacon1

Post by Deacon1 »

Yeah I’ll update you with any new info I run into.
Deacon1

Post by Deacon1 »

Hey Tarekith,

I haven’t seen any updates from Chauvet in the manual but I just downloaded the “Gigbar Move + ILS ShowXpress Profile” file and it contained .txt files for the updated 29 and 51 channels which adds the laser pattern channel if you wanted to take a look.
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith »

Thanks, I had been working on trying to figure it out on my own but ran into some issues and the manual still isn't updated. I'll check out the ShowXpress profile.

Edit: Not sure that text document is going to help much unfortunately, the pattern selection in that doesn't conform to DMX spec it looks like. Doh, I've reached out to Chauvet a couple times and not heard anything back yet, hopefully they provide the right info soon.

Cheers!
tarekith.com