Wrong behavior of fixtures in/out in effects

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
daniel

Wrong behavior of fixtures in/out in effects

Post by daniel »

I have 2 Cameo Hydra Beam 4000 with 4 moving heads in each. They are splited so that I have 8 separate fixtures patched, 7 linked. I have created some presets with circle and conductor move effects and set order to in-to-out or vice versa. When I stored the preset the fixtures were moving 4 by 4. Later they are moving 5 by 3, e.g. 5 clockwise and 3 counter-clockwise. The only change done is a small adjustment of the fixture limits with all fixtures selected.

The odd thing is if I start the move effect "from scratch" they are moving 4 by 4 for all effects. The same thing goes for beam effects. But, if I start a present they move 5 by 3, even though I go to the move effect and change values. The same thing goes for beam effects. I have some presets that goes left to right, which works. But if a manually change the order of the beam effect after starting the preset, they also act 5 by 3.

It's something in the W1 that affects the presets but not manual controls as it's seems all presets act wrong if I use any order but left to right or right to left. Anyone with a clue on what has happened and how to fix it?
axell

Re: Wrong behavior of fixtures in/out in effects

Post by axell »

1. Make sure you are running the lastest Firmware on Wolfmix (1.0.0)
2. when loading the profile and "add" 2 fixtures, you should get
* 1st line = Start Address
* 2nd line Linked
* 3rd line Linked
* 4th line Linked

then again:
* 1st line = Start Address
* 2nd line Linked
* 3rd line Linked
* 4th line Linked
4000.jpg
4000.jpg (162.62 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
If that is NOT the case - Delete the 2 instances of Hydrabeam 4000 from your project and re-patch again. Select the profile, set amount to 2, select 56Ch mode and then press add.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Thanks for your replay!

Sorry about my late comeback. The problem was, as in most cases, the user... I had to ADJ Quad Phase with rotation mapped as PAN-channels. Removed them and the Hydras were acting as expected.

One funny thing though is that I have patched the two Hydras as you write but I have only one fixture with "start address" and seven with "linked". The linked is the last line as well. I see no impact the functionality due to this.

Best regards,
Daniel
axell

Post by axell »

About the "Startaddress" and "linked"...

I always patch ALL fixtures first to the Group A. After loading and showing the correct Startaddress and "linked", I THEN go and reassign them to the desired Group in a 2nd step. I think (!!) Wolfmix is having problems to correctly assign "beam" separated" fixtures right away into other Groups, so you see the difference between my setup and yours. This is NOT a confirmed bug!