COLORado PXL Bar 8_Chauvet

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
mtoperzer

COLORado PXL Bar 8_Chauvet

Post by mtoperzer »

I've been trying to make the Chauvet profile on our WMX1 work. I've attached the SSL approved profile. What do I need to tweak?
Attachments
COLORado PXL Bar 8 (2).ssl2
(448.36 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
axell

Re: COLORado PXL Bar 8_Chauvet

Post by axell »

as this is a quite complex fixture (by its DMX definitions!) I would recommend to do single profiles reflecting only those numbers of beams to each profile you want to use, NOT creating a single/universal "multi" Channel Mode profile.

In the 19Ch mode get rid of the Background Dimmer and replace it by "OTHER(?)" with default "0". IF you want to use Background Colors in this mode, you have to use Live Edit Presets anyway to select the BG Color, you can then also switch on the Dimmer then - it is not part of the automation anyway.

The next useful DMX Channel Mode would be the 84Ch Mode with 16 beams(!). Make the "main" R,G,B, W channels (17/18/19/20) "dummy" (undef) and only assign 21, 22, 23, 24 (beam1), 25, 26, 27, 28 (beam2) and so on. Don't worry for 154Ch Mode and 186Ch Mode - you don't get any benefit using µ (fine) channels on 154Ch Mode and you don't have CMY (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) channels simultaneous while also using RGBW on 186Ch Mode! Wolfmix does support both Color profiles, but NOT at the same time - it is either or.

A more general advise: Take care of ALL unused, or OTHER(?) or undefined DMX Types to have a default value of "0" (i.e Speed or No Function Presets etc), so you avoid accidental higher values to become active as a Macro.