Fixture Bug

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Yoshi

Fixture Bug

Post by Yoshi »

Hey there,

I'm running with version 1.0 and have the following problems:

If add some fixtures, there are sometimes some blocked addresses. But at this adresses, there is no fixture placed.
Is this a known bug?
And is there a workaround?

The only workaround I know is to make a new project...

Some fixtures like a movinghead or led bar won't work correctly after reboot. There are completely different values at the output.
If I delete the defect devices and replace it with the fixture - the bug is fixed and the fixture works correctly.

Can you please help me?

Best regards
Yoshi
axell

Re: Fixture Bug

Post by axell »

1. Wolfmix "auto-assigns" fixtures to its next available address space or range, validating also the required next addresses by reading the DMX Channel mode from the profile you want to load. The automatic address assignments works quite well.

Most of times if you can not assign an address to a fixture, but you know that there is no other fixture already assigned to, it is occupied/blocked by an (earlier created?) Live Edit Preset, which may still hold the address(es) it was using for a fixture, even if the fixture meanwhile has been deleted or reassigned. If the Live Edit Preset is still valid/existend OR has been incomplete deleted, it still contains the DMX address data which then blocks new assignments on these addresses or address ranges.

Make sure you "proper" delete the existing Live Edit Presets

2. I suspect your profiles do not have "precise" Default" settings, so every time you reboot, original settings are active. Make sure your profiles have a clear defined state. Also I would recommend to use Preset #1 as an "ALL OFF" Preset and only to initialize (boot) Wolfmix.
From HERE (Preset #1 - which is ALL OFF) you THEN create your SHOW Presets from Preset #2 onwards.
Preset #1 will ALWAYS be the first Preset to be active after Power up.
Yoshi

Post by Yoshi »

Great explanation!

I will try it and report back if necessary.

Thanks!
VinceLightning

Post by VinceLightning »

Hi,
I've just tried and It's successfull !

Once you've understand how to configure your set. Note everything and create a brand new project.
Rename your groups, add all your fixtures in the mode you want and, finally, apply first adress to match you set.

Save your project as MyFixtures.
You can keep it for fixtures only.

Create an other new project.
Open only fixtures from MyFixtures project.
Save this project as MyShow1.
Open only presets from another project or demo project.
Save this project as MyShow1. Overwrite it.

Now you have an all new project with your fixtures and presets.

Hope this helps.

One problem I had, my live edit have not been copied with presets.