Feature Request - Copy Group Behavior

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
paulm12

Feature Request - Copy Group Behavior

Post by paulm12 »

When adding a new set of lights, say a new set of moving heads, it would be nice to be able to assign them to a “new” group, but have this group remember the settings (I.e. move FX, color FX settings in presets) of an existing group. Otherwise, I have to re-save all my presets with Move FX, Color FX Beam FX, etc enabled for the new group.

The way I’ve currently been doing this is by taking existing profile fixtures and “splitting” them into a movement-only fixture and a lighting fixture so I can map the movement-only fixture to an existing group.
leesinthemix

Re: Feature Request - Copy Group Behavior

Post by leesinthemix »

You are always given the option to choose which group you would like your fixtures assigned to, when they are added into the project.

Groups ALWAYS remember the settings saved into a preset, regardless of whether your fixture was in that group when the preset was created/saved OR if you change the group that fixture has been allocated to, in the groups section. If you change the group a fixture is allocated to, then it will behave differently to how it was before.
FX and colours are not saved to the fixtures themselves.

Potentially you might have the group intensity/dimmer setting not correctly configured for your preference. Please see the settings menu of the W1 for this.