Good question: What makes a fixture "respond" to the WOLF FX button and what doesn't?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

Good question: What makes a fixture "respond" to the WOLF FX button and what doesn't?

Post by axell »

Some users experience some inconsistency in the "response" of a fixture when pressing the WOLF FX button. Some fixtures respond in "wild Color, Beam & Move" activities while other fixtures simply seem to ignore the button as if they don't care that the button was pressed. So what makes a fixtures profile to respond or DON'T respond to the WOLF FX button? Is there a (hidden) secret?
cabinboy1970

Re: Good question: What makes a fixture "respond" to the WOLF FX button and what doesn't?

Post by cabinboy1970 »

Following... I have the same question.

It seems to me that the WolfMix Software could do MUCH more in terms of programming this thing.
axell

Re: Good question: What makes a fixture "respond" to the WOLF FX button and what doesn't?

Post by axell »

A fixture need to have a Color definition in the Profile (i.e. R, G, B channels) in order to respond to Wolf FX button. A Color WHEEL doesn't work, as the Wolf FX function is using additive Color mixture, which you can't do with a Color Wheel.