DMX manually changeable on loaded fixture profile?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJDerrick

DMX manually changeable on loaded fixture profile?

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi,
I loaded the fixture profile of the Showtec Clubpar 12-6 (11 channels) and noticed that
1) white and amber channels are misaligned
2) the UV colour isn't the actual UV channel on the fixture. I tried to change that in the colour picker but can't affect the UV channel

Can dmx channel mapping be altered on a loaded profile please?
If not, I think I have to rebuild the fixture dmx channels on a new profile then?

Thank you,
Dirk - Belgium
Simon

Re: DMX manually changeable on loaded fixture profile?

Post by Simon »

Hi Dirk

I've replied to your question on the profile earlier today. I think updating the profile should solve the problem.

The profile can be edited on the controller, but as it's a popular fixture I think it'd be better if I corrected the public profile.
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi Simon ,

Thank you for your research.
I've sent you a mail as well, I'm copying here the most important questions:

(Note: I installed the latest 0.62 firmware)

Loading the Showtec CLUBpar 12-6 profile again seemed to help, it now shows Amber White and UV on the correct channels. Thank you.
But when i go in "Static Color" and press “Amber”, also other channels lit up. I tried to change that to only set the Amber channel to 100% and save it, the name of the colour now changes to “Orange” ? I don't understand that, I'm afraid.

The Showtec Phantom 130 Spot profile has stranger issues.
Color nbr 7 values 56-63 is indeed "Light Blue". If I try to set this value on a free colour, the unit doesn’t accept it. There’s seems to be a limit to assign DMX values lower then a certain value per chosen colour icon? I can’t set it more than 31?
I managed to get the colours right on in the fixture builder.
I’ve reset all the colours and reconfigured them 1 by 1. Suddenly it accepts value 56 as Light blue.
BUT if I save the profile and open it up again I lose the changes and even other channels are mixed or lost completely which I didn’t change at all, See screenshots. Very strange.
I did the same on a random other profile - no problem there.

Please help me sort this out.
Thank you,
Dirk
Attachments
Phantom 130 before.jpg
Phantom 130 before.jpg (121.4 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
Phantom 130 AFTER.jpg
Phantom 130 AFTER.jpg (116.64 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
Simon

Post by Simon »

I'm going to correct this 'Orange' color interpretation problem in the next update.

I've fixed the Showtec Phantom 130 Spot profile. Delete the original one from the Wolfmix library first though because I think the new one is a completely new profile with the same name.
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

I've just deleted and reloaded the Phantom 130 spot profile again.
The cyan colour is added as Light Blue, that's ok now.

I notice these issues still:
1) The global fixture profile is misinterpreting "color wheel slow and fast rotations. They’re set with values as the opposites of each other. Please reverse them.
2) I want to add the split colours but assigning these DMX values on unused colour icons doesn't work. No value is saved, “-“ is kept on the screen beside the colour icon. The same for gobo's.

In general, I can’t change any channel without disrupting the channel types when I save it.
If I want to make adaptions to it (including the split colours and to correct the color wheel rotation min and max) , I must start with a complete new fixture setup and copy everything in it. If that’s what it needs , so be it. Please confirm.

From my end this remains a kind of a mystery why it does work with other fixture profiles but not with this one.

Thank you,
Dirk
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi Dirk, Wolfmix doesn't have anything special manage Split colors or color wheel rotation, therefore there's no need to set these in the profile.