Easy View 2 BUG !

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Dj Mell 26

Easy View 2 BUG !

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

I am disappointed with the stability of Easy View 3d! I had 3 disconnects between the software and the Wolfmix, the first was a loss of link control and the second time I had to reactivate the Wolfmix code and the other was the software code and the last problem is the software with a screen freezes at €109 per software... it's not great! That's a lot of trouble in less than 2 months of use. I would have had a PC or a Mac i3 and 4gb of ram I could understand, but here I have Macbook Mi 2012, i7 Quadcore 2.3ghz - TurboBoost 3.3ghz, 2x 8gb of RAM clocked at 1866mhz, graphics card 1: HD 4000 1536MB of dedicated RAM and graphics card 2: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M - 512MB with SSD Samsung Serie Pro 860 - 512go and OS Catalina 10.15.7. (recently formatted) Macbook first hand number of cycles of use: 738 cycles.

On the graphics side, I've never had a problem with video processing software that requires more CPU/GPU and RAM resources (LiquiviD Video Improve), I'm very surprised about Easy View, because I use it with a setting Medium and the Nvram is emptied every weekend.
Simon

Re: Easy View 2 BUG !

Post by Simon »

Hi There

I'll try to tackle each point one by one, but first point to be aware of - you've written that you have a 10 year old computer. This could possibly be where some of the problems are coming from despite the dedicated NVidia graphics. Just for comparison with a standard M1 CPU from 1 year ago, I can run 100 moving heads in full HD without trouble. I understand a computer upgrade is a big investment however.

Loss of link
Are you using the cable with came with the Wolfmix?
Can you try a different USB socket?
How often are the disconnects happening? Every few hours or every few minutes?

Reactivate the Wolfmix code
The only time you'll need to reactivate the code is if you perform a factory reset.

Software freezes
Can you provide more information on what you were doing when the software froze? I've not has any other reports of recent versions of the visualiser freezing.
Dj Mell 26

Re: Easy View 2 BUG !

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

Hello Simon and thank you for your feedback!

I use the computer with Serato Dj and the MixEmergency Software to mix the video no problem in 720hd (the video mix in 1080 is not possible that I confirm!) my mac manages to play video in UHD light with VLC connected to my 55 inch Curved Samsung Smart TV.
I use Liquivid to make video editing for weddings, I admit that during video editing my mac ventilates a lot and it's very hot, but I didn't have any software crash.

The computer is certainly 10 years old, but it is not polluted because of bad use, because I do not download with it (I use either the Bootcamp partition or a Surface Pro 7 for that) ah yes... I update my software, but I don't have 12, i disabled all the automatic updates of my different software (if they have the option).

In my mac, there is... Cuelux from VisualProduction my old lighting software (very regular use before the arrival of the Wolfmix), Liquivid (video editing), Engine Dj (regular use), Serato Dj and MixEmergency (rarely used), VLC, Mixed in Key (rarely used), Platinum Note (rarely used), Pixelmator Pro for photo editing (regular use), Audacity (editing and audio editing).

I'm using the supplied USB2 cable (I've only had the Wolfmix since Feb 11, 2022), no hub is connected to the Mac.

The connection losses were random and especially when creating my scene with the WTOOLS active and the Wolfmix connected. "But maybe the Wolf shouldn't be connected until my scene was finished, as well as the insertion of my lights".
When I carried out my tests with the Wolfmix connected to WTOOLS and to Easy View afterwards, the link between the WTOOLS and the Wolfmix was deactivated and it happened that the activation code of the Wolfmix was no longer recognized, that is happened once and for the Easy View 2 code it happened twice. (I had made several screenshots of the error message).

The screen was frozen when adding an SSL2 file in the Scan Library, it happened to me only once.

I have a Bootcamp partition, or inside there is Sunlite First Class Suite 2 Plus and I have never encountered a problem.

I bought my mac in September 2015 new at €1299, when I was working at the Apple Store in Confluence Lyon, where we were doing student offers during partner store product clearance, there were only i7 Macs in 13 , 3" and 15" from mid 2012 and end of 2012. Mine I had boosted with memory modules at 1866mghz each in 2x 8gb Crucial and I had done a clean installation (removal of superfluous applications).
I know that you have to live with the times, except that for the usefulness I have of it... my mac can still last 2/3 years max, at least until the day when the applications I use don't no longer support Catalina which is the last OSX compatible with macs of this generation. (Spare parts are no longer sold, technical support has been abandoned for almost 2 years).

The internal ventilation is cleaned regularly.
Trim for 100% SSD support is active.

Maybe the disconnection problems happened because I was using beta version 0.6.1 or because of some faulty SSL2 file or simply because Catalina asked for more resources since version 10.15.7 ???
Attachments
48666_1646059930333_Capture_dIecran_2022-02-28_a_15.50.44.png
48666_1646059930333_Capture_dIecran_2022-02-28_a_15.50.44.png (132.97 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
48666_1646056847986_2.png
48666_1646056847986_2.png (124.52 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
48666_1646056836375_1.png
48666_1646056836375_1.png (430.09 KiB) Viewed 7891 times