W1 Firmware updates mentioning here in Forum

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

W1 Firmware updates mentioning here in Forum

Post by axell »

I am wondering if a/the Firmware Update has been released already or not. I read comments here back 2 months that an update will be ready any day soon. Also a comment in Feb 2022 that it will be almost released. I also read Forum talks about 0.6.0 and even 0.6.2 updates while WTOOLS sticks to 0.5.0 solid as the latest version. So where can 0.6.0 loaded from and what are the Release Notes? Or has it not released yet? Just confused that my WTOOLS may not get the "(auto-)update" ...
Dj Mell 26

Re: W1 Firmware updates mentioning here in Forum

Post by Dj Mell 26 »

There is a Beta version 0.6.1 released ! Don't have access? Because I've been testing it for a few days!
axell

Post by axell »

When installing Beta (thru Debug mode), can I "revert" to official release, if Beta (for me) shows problems?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Yes this is possible by going back to the Stable Official channel.
axell

Post by axell »

I can't even get OUT of 0.5.0 to 0.6.1....OK - found the problem. Have to switch to DEBUG CHANNEL. My fault, sorry. But where to get 0.6.1? as a manual file download and then upload thru the computer (Upload FW bundle)? or "online" via "FIRMWARE UPDATE" button while in DEBUG MODE?
axell

Post by axell »

OK, finally it just took "quite a while (?)" before the download 0.6.1 became available after I enabled the Debug Mode. But now the Firmware 0.6.1 was loaded and installed.
After the firmware upgrade is complete, it is a "good idea" to power cycle the Wolfmix W1, because all colors of the touch screen has turned into unified dark blue (all fonts & all graphics) on a black screen background. Hard to see. After power cycle the unit again all is now "back to normal" colors.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I've fixed this issue in 0.6.2 ;)
axell

Post by axell »

so did I (Power off / Power on - fixed) :D
obviously a bug and not just a regular „hang up“ after fw upgrade
Level Up

Post by Level Up »

@simon. any ETA about stable and final release.

i have one more problem/suggestion to report. dunno if i can report it for 0.6.x version or 0.7.x if the 0.6 is ready to roll out.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I'm just waiting to see if there are any reported problems with 0.6.2

If you've found something, let me know ASAP and I'll make a 0.6.3