Feature request: SMOKE button with more channels to program

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

Feature request: SMOKE button with more channels to program

Post by axell »

I would like to see more dedicated programmable channels to program the SMOKE button with as to better integrate Fog / Hazer / Pyro devices. There is so much more to control than just Fog ON and Fog OFF. ADJ Fog Fury Jett Pro alone has 9(!) channels for control and even a small Hazer has multiple DMX channels like: density of Haze/Fog, Time of Haze/Fog, Time between Haze/Fog blast, Fan speed ....etc - That would be cool if Haze/Fazer etc could be programmed/integrated better into W1. ;)
Simon

Re: Feature request: SMOKE button with more channels to program

Post by Simon »

'Fan' control from the Smoke button is coming in the next update. Other than this it would have to be a Live Edit in 'Flash' mode.
axell

Post by axell »

talking about LIVE EDIT. Yes, LIVE EDIT is the universal tool to overcome some limitations of W1, but if I have to use it extensively for workarounds to integrate "difficult fixtures" all the time, then it is important that the Preset capacity of LIVE EDIT is at least doubled, so I can store all of these settings. Many of the Hobby/Semi-Prof DJs (and this is what the Marketing team at Wolfmix is clearly addressing the W1 to!) own these fixtures with some own "intelligence" (internal programs/patterns), Barrels, Rotations, Multiple Beams etc and are required to integrate these by using LIVE EDIT only, as a useful new Profile just doesn't do it. W1 is great for plain vanilla RGB and Pan/Tilt. All others (1.000s of fixtures) will need to go LIVE EDIT, and so we may need more preset capacity then.
Simon

Post by Simon »

We have 40 live edits and 100 presets. You need more?
axell

Post by axell »

yes! If I need ~ 10 Presets for Hazer/Fazer alone, as I cannot address "Color Smoke Blast" or timing and/or blower/fan etc, I have to use Live Edit presets for storing this. Which leads to remaining 30 Live Edit Presets for all those 100s and 1000s of "own intelligent" fixtures out there which cannot be "regular" integrated into Wolfmix by using RGB and Pan/Tilt values only. Example: I do have ADJ Starburst which occupies 7 Presets alone for continuous rotating slow, fast, left, right, all colors, fade colors, single colors (i.e. just white dots - classic Mirror Ball effect), with and without strobe etc. And I am not even talking about Multi FX Bars with Pars, Barrel, Derbys, separate Strobes LEDs etc or fixtures which can only be integrated to address their internal 50 programs directly (i.e. ADJ Spherion) thru Live Edit, so you have to select 10 "best of" internal programs just for THAT fixture alone. These are the fixtures your potential clients (Hobby & Semi-Prof DJs) are using quite a lot and want to integrate into Wolfmix but failing, because the effect engine can only drive RGB and Pan/Tilt fixtures. So they finally sit in Live Edit Presets and trigger some of the internal programs.
Because all of this I would suggest to double the Preset capacity to 80 Live Edit Presets & 200 other Presets would be addressing these needs.
Marxn

Post by Marxn »

Hi Guys,
for Smoke machines with integrated LEDs I have a flexible idea, as I find most of the fixture integrated "macros" or "presets" not very useful.
What if you can define presets/fixtures, that react to the smoke button. This would also open the ability to use standard LED lights with any smoke machine.
Would this be a useful option?
Working with my Wolfmix in Paderborn, Germany
www.bdm-systems.de