WLINK and 2 synced Wolfmix - more benefit?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
axell

WLINK and 2 synced Wolfmix - more benefit?

Post by axell »

When 2 Wolfmix W1s are connected to each other and synced I would like to have access to 2(!) (independent) effect generators which can be split to additional 2 (optional 4) universes. First W1 Universe 1+2 (optional 3+4), second W1 holds Universe 5+6 (optional 7+8). All fixtures will then be controlled by a "unified Wolfmix Controller" (= consisting of the the 2 Wolfmix W1s). Not only just a second screen and everything else is mirrored! I would not buy a second screen for just another €700.
Simon

Re: WLINK and 2 synced Wolfmix - more benefit?

Post by Simon »

It sounds kinda complicated having some stuff independent whilst having other stuff synchronised...but I'll think about possibilities because the main reason we don't have 2 versions of each effect module is due to complexity on the UI which we could solve with 2 controllers.

I have a suggestion for now:

-connect a cable between the 2 Wolfs. Set the sync mode of the first to OFF and set the sync mode of the second to 'DMX IN'
-use DMX IN preset triggering to trigger the presets on the 2nd wolf from the first wolf (coming in the next update)
-create 2 totally independent projects of up to 3 universes per controller
theducks

Post by theducks »

Simon wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:48 pm we don't have 2 versions of each effect module is due to complexity on the UI
Use Shift+FX Button to reach the second FX ;-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Shift + mode is used to latch a mode when the setting 'jump back on mode release' is set. (similar operation to controllers such as Native Instruments Maschine allowing for faster control)