Ableton link and Serato DJ Pro

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
shifty_shew

Ableton link and Serato DJ Pro

Post by shifty_shew »

Hi All, I'm looking for a bit of advice if possible as can't seem to get the Ableton link running - sits at 100bpm in Wolf and despite all settings checked, still no good? I've followed the tutorial from Simon, checked synch in Serato (its the latest version with Simple Sync and Smart tried) also snap to beatgrid ticked. Link clicked on within Serato etc whilst the track is playing. I can see 1 Peer in Wolfmix and have the bpm set on the wolf demo project etc but still no joy, what could I be missing? If I click Link on the deck in Serato it drags the track back to 100 bpm. All is running on the same laptop. All advice welcome ???
Simon

Re: Ableton link and Serato DJ Pro

Post by Simon »

It sounds like you're doing it correctly. Serato is at 100BPM and it's sending this to Wolfmix. (The default Wolfmix BPM is 120, so 100BPM must be coming from here)..Next, I think you need to adjust the master tempo in Serato. Perhaps double check your Serato documentation.

Let me know if you still have trouble as I know a Serato Wolfmix user who may be able to help more with the Serato side.
shifty_shew

Post by shifty_shew »

Hi Simon, thanks for the feedback, sorry for the delay in replying.....
I have made progress by discovering in Serato that there are 2 link buttons to be enabled - the LINK button in the top bar, but when enabled, the sync button on each deck changes to Link, you have to enable the LINK button on each deck so the wolf sees that deck. Having got this far though, I now find that when I press LINK on the deck, the BPM is changed dramatically each time, also that link seems to drop each time a track changes. So whilst taking a baby step forward, I'm still not there. Would you therefore please share the contact who may be able to help me a little further please as I can't find a master tempo setting? With thanks....
Simon

Post by Simon »

Did you check this post?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=116

The Master tempo syncs with LINK, the track decks sync with the Master Tempo. Therefore you need to adjust the Master tempo if you want to keep your tracks syncd with LINK. If the Master tempo is at 150BPM but your track is 130BPM, then when you load your track, it will play very fast, so you need to change the master tempo to 130BPM. It's a limitation with the way Ableton Link has been designed in Serato. In Traktor, when you change the track Tempo, the Master tempo changes with it.