7 Months and Counting Waiting For Full Midi

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
leesinthemix

Re: 7 Months and Counting Waiting For Full Midi

Post by leesinthemix »

willm wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:37 pm
To summarise- the addition of MIDI was always intended to be straight forward and simple.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqAwYly ... 1peCBtaWRp

Hi Will,

Can you explain to me how this is simple, please?
willm

Post by willm »

Hi Lee,

This video is demonstrating using multiple MIDI devices at once. When I refer to MIDI being straight forward and simple, I mean using a single MIDI device to trigger presets, control dimmers or sync the tempo. Again, this is the most common use case for this functionality.

Kind regards,
Will
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

willm wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:22 am Hi Lee,

This video is demonstrating using multiple MIDI devices at once. When I refer to MIDI being straight forward and simple, I mean using a single MIDI device to trigger presets, control dimmers or sync the tempo. Again, this is the most common use case for this functionality.

Kind regards,
Will
Oh Will.

You know your Judo well.
Jethrobowdean

Post by Jethrobowdean »

I originally posted these comments on May 19th and so I need to revise the Subject to: 8 Months and Counting Waiting For Full Midi. I have read through the comments and have observed : (1) The users commenting are intelligent, articulate and passionate about what they do ( I don't disagree with any of them) and (2) Upon reviewing history, these complaints are not isolated but thematic, consistent and go back now for years. These kinds of users are actually an important asset, a critical feedback loop and play a key role in the success of technology products; so I hope you don't disregard or view these comments as unimportant. I have said in the past that a more complete MIDI implementation will yield LEVERAGED benefits and will enjoin your user-base in solving many of their own problems that would otherwise become even more enhancement requests. I also hope you don't release future enhancements ahead of these that include features that users are not asking for, or that far fewer users are asking for, or that users have been asking for far less time. I would much rather be writing glowing testimonials than complaining ( I bet most others here feel the same). So, here's for the hope that you won't just work harder but smarter. That you won't indulge in the thick of thin things that no-one is asking for (sorry for ending in a preposition).
leesinthemix

Post by leesinthemix »

If the Wolfmix team understood the term "low hanging fruit", then we wouldn't have to complain :lol: