Chauvet Kinta HP

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
rjl85

Chauvet Kinta HP

Post by rjl85 »

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me out with the Chauvet Kinta HP profile, it seems to have some odd behaviour. The CMYO beam doesn't seem to work very well, using colour fx with these colours just mixes them from the RGB LED rather than using the separate CMYO beam. As well, when I add the fixture, the CMY beams are automatically on, I have to go into the DMX values to change the default from 127 to 0 for these channels. This isn't too big a deal but ilI worry if doing that will mess with anything else.

I've tried messing around editing/creating profiles but nothing has worked. When I set the channels as the colours they're supposed to be, the wolfmix seems to view the CMYO beams as the main dimmer as that is the only way to turn them off.

I know I can create live edits and force it that way, but I'd prefer if it could just integrate fully with the colour fx unit. Anything to be done?
axell

Re: Chauvet Kinta HP

Post by axell »

Yes, Kinta is a bit of an "odd" effect fixture, using RGB color profile AND CMY color profile at the same time to "give" 8 individual Color beams. This fixture was built when we did not have multi COB LEDs, so that was THEIR way to offer something unique.

The problem is: This may work OK with a Fader desk. You simply raise or lower one of the 8 Faders and get your Colors. Wolfmix does support BOTH Color profiles (RGB and CMY) but within an AUTOMATION (Wolfmix) you can only have one at a time - RGB profile or CMY profile (or they will "block" each other, using the same Color dimmers, but with the "opposite" values). Another technical reason is that Wolfmix supports 6(!) Color channels max, where Kinta has 8 Color channels. So you have to live with some limitations using the Kinta on Wolfmix.

However, you can make at least 6 Colors (out of the 8) available on Wolfmix, even when using just the RGB profile.

Inside of Kinta HP are 2 „BIG“ semi-LEDs, where each semi-LED have 4 smaller, colored LEDs inside (RGBW) and (CMYO). That makes a total of 8 Colors (=presenting 8 beams) possible. The Wolfmix is capable to address up to 6 LEDs max. Most of the time he is using only 3, which is Red, Green & Blue. In the Color Picker you can pull up/down the dimmer of each of the 6 LEDs. R, G & B +W is self explaining as there are individual encoder to raise or lower the LED intensity at the RGBW page. Now switch to RGBWAU page and you can dial up/down additional 2 Colors, White and Amber (or Orange) and place these into the (STATIC) Color Group column of your fixture. Now you can control RGBW AND O (Amber) and now you can select one more color out of Cyan, Magenta or Yellow to assign this beam to the remaining UV channel, by changing the corresponding channel Color in the profile to the UV Color dimmer. You may want to select Magenta or Cyan (as Yellow is already "close" to Orange/Amber). Now you can do this with 6 Colors. Assign them on static Color and also ColorFX. AND you can create even double or triple LED beams, just by dialing the corresponding "color beams" and create a patch with it, having Green, White and Amber gives a "dirty white" button, but when pressing this Color button, you have the 3 LEDS (Green,White, Amber) being ON.
Attachments
Kinta HP RGBWAU selection.jpg
Kinta HP RGBWAU selection.jpg (307.23 KiB) Viewed 122 times
rjl85

Post by rjl85 »

The thorough explanation is much appreciated Axell. I'll try out the method you mentioned, thank you very much!
rjl85

Post by rjl85 »

Hello again Axell, just a heads up that this method does not seem to work. I've tried assigning each of the extra colours as UV, but no matter what the wolfmix just seems to mix the colours from the RGBW LED. It even does this for colours with dedicated LEDs. For example, if I put on plain white, the wolfmix mixes the RGBW channels together rather than just using the white LED. Same goes for the amber LED.

No matter what I cannot seem to get the other LED to activate unless it's through a live edit. The wolfmix shows as having one beam in it's profile, would changing this to 2 (or 8) for all the colours help at all? It doesn't seem to so far.
axell

Post by axell »

Its all about the right profile. Obviously you also have to "invalidate" other channels to avoid "blockings" against each other. I did send my profile to many users and they are all happy with it - so it does indeed work as proposed...

You have to use the COLOR PICKER and EDIT each of the 6 Colors to match JUST the single Channel, so you don't get "mixed" Colors at all. Then you have a "pure" Red, "pure" Green, "pure" Blue, "pure" White, "pure" Amber and "pure" UV - WITHOUT any additional RGBWAU values!