Advanced move FX ? + feedback

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
neoternon

Advanced move FX ? + feedback

Post by neoternon »

Hello, new tester here, I had the product for a week now.

From my understanding the actual available timing functions in the fourth encoder of the move FX are:
Fade 0% is no-transition between A -> B
Fade 100% is linear between A -> B
Flick % is jumping directly to % from the transition of A -> B (and B -> A)

That's it.

My proposal: replace fade/flick by transition classic timing functions like linear, ease-in-out, ease-in, ease-out, cubic-bezier,...
or (if your really committed to improve the product 8-) ) a cubic-bezier start-end timing function curve editor.
It could be really powerful in some scenes/presets.

Other Bugs/Improvements:
- I find the move FX sequencer really limited right now: 4 positions does not permit to make semi-complex shapes (like an oval shape; add a shape drawer if you have a bit of ram left!)
- Fade/Flick does not appear to do much right now in sequencer mode.
- In the macro edition, the All button when having a selected group should not select all the fixtures of the current project and instead select only the fixtures of the view/group
- Have the possibility to switch the resulted value of the bpm indicator from mic/line-in or manual bpm. Also have the possibilty to correct with an encoder or the bpm button if the computed value from the detection if wrong (the overridden value would take a weight/time from future computed detections)

Negatives:
- I find crazy that a +749$ product only have 8mbit of ram and have only one (fx sequencer motor) for all the groups per type (color, move, beam). The case were one group is doing something but another group can only have it the same or fx disabled (and not have a dedicated fx is a very limiting factor, without talking about non-stackable presets).
- Lack of dmx-in (passthrough)

Positive:
In this regard it's nevertheless a great product/form factor to start a small rig and would never replace a grandMA. But the product can surely be improved to take it a step closer :wink:
neoternon

Re: Advanced move FX ? + feedback

Post by neoternon »

Another bug encountered when the console is kept on for the time, the rotation value of the knob doesn't accelerate as usual (tested in dimmer, settings and fx).
For example if the value of the knob is at 0 and I want to change it to 128, I will have to make 128 position changes on the rotary knob (normally there's a +10 skip per position change at some point while turning the knob)

Power cycle the console resets this behavior to normal.