Feature Request: Saving Presets without Colors

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DerM4209

Feature Request: Saving Presets without Colors

Post by DerM4209 »

Dear Wolfmix Team,
I would like to ask you to add the ability to save presets without colors or to add a way to prevent presets from changing the set static colors, to make it possible to use any preset in any possible color combination.

Currently, I'm only using a few presets and save each preset in 16 color combinations, but since this is pretty impractical I would be very happy if you add an option to save the presets without colors.

Maybe it would be even possible to save presets that contain only the colors on one half of the button matrix and presets that contain only the effects on the other half. This way it would be possible to create a high number of possible preset combinations per page that can be executed fast by pressing just two buttons.

I would be very happy about this feature,
best regards,

Dominik
leesinthemix

Re: Feature Request: Saving Presets without Colors

Post by leesinthemix »

Use live edits to create a manual override on all or some of your fixtures to default to certain colour palettes.
DerM4209

Post by DerM4209 »

Hi leesinthemix,
thank you for your reply : )

I tried that out:
I created live edits in the colors I wanted for all fixtures and selected the lock icon so that the presets don't override the color channels. I only used the RGB channels for this.

This almost works. I can use beam and move effects + the color selected in live edits.

The only problem with that is, that fixtures like LED bars and matrix blinders that only have RGB channels but no dimmer channels for each beam can no longer play the beam effects.

Is there a way to get them working?
axell

Post by axell »

You can do store Presets without active Colors. But you can NOT "stack up" Presets! So it won't help you to run one Preset and then "add" different Colors to it.
Presets on Wolfmix are different and NOT just describing a Color or function and that being stored. A Preset - EVERY PRESET - is a "FULL SNAPSHOT" of the full unit! It stores EVERYTHING you currently see (and also what you don't see from settings and firmware) in that Preset position. Because you can not have 2 "versions" of the firmware (2 instances of the operating system) being active at the same time, you can not "stack" multiple Presets. It ALWAYS need to have ONE Preset active (with that single firmware instance and setting) and JUST THAT instance ONLY.
There are multiple other ways to get to what have in mind. "Stacked" Presets was DMX standard for many years. Wolfmix has a different approach and with that many different ways to achieve.
DerM4209

Post by DerM4209 »

Hi axell,

yes, I know that presets are full snapshots of the full unit and that only one preset can be active at a time.
I also don't want to stack presets.
When a preset without colors is saved and executed it will still overwrite the static colors - it will just deselect all colors.

I rather would like to have a way to prevent presets from overwriting the static color section, like it is possible by using the lock icon in the live edits section and the lock function of the group dimmers.

Maybe it would be possible to add a lock function to the static color section and add a small lock icon at the top right of the screen for using it, like in the live edit section.