Feature Request : Setting exact BPM manually with encoders

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
drvval

Feature Request : Setting exact BPM manually with encoders

Post by drvval »

Hey there,
One of the ways I use Wolfmix is to do live lighting to pre-recorded music. And often times, the song's BPM is known and steady, so instead of tapping the BPM button and hoping to match the exact value at some point, it would be nice to just be able to set the number. As far as I know, this is not possible without connecting the Wolfmix to other devices that will send BPM signal to it.
If it comes to implementing this, I think holding the BPM button and using one of the main encoders would be quite intuitive and shouldn't mess up other stuff of the interface.
What do you think?
Thanks!
AlexR

Re: Feature Request : Setting exact BPM manually with encoders

Post by AlexR »

Hello,

Thanks for this suggestion, I can see how this will be useful! The only issue I can see is the problem with syncing the BPM to the music without having an external reference (even with setting the BPM to the same as the music it would have to be aligned to the transients to sync properly etc..). I will add it on the requests list to pass to the development team!
Alex
Wolfmix Support
drvval

Post by drvval »

Thanks for the reply!
Oh, but I forgot to mention one thing. I think it should just work out of the box with syncing, because currently, if you tap the BPM button just once, it doesn't change the BPM, but resets the sync to that moment. So, if we would have the manual set of the BPM value, then it would require us only to tap BPM button once on the beat, and it is synced for the entire song :)
I'm already using that feature, to sometimes resync to the beat, without constant tapping, once I know my BPM value is close enough
RR54

Post by RR54 »

Yes please This feature ! I need manual BPM Selection !
Tarekith

Post by Tarekith »

I would dearly love to see this as well!
tarekith.com