make Strobe to only use white channel of a RGBW device

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
moka

make Strobe to only use white channel of a RGBW device

Post by moka »

Hi Forum

I have a 4 channel RGBW custom fixture device.
When I use the strobe button it only uses the actual color to strobe.
Is it possible to change that to only use the white W channel to create a nice bright strobe effect?

thanks
axell

Re: make Strobe to only use white channel of a RGBW device

Post by axell »

That is correct. Strobe itself has NO Color control. It just "interrupts" (strobes) those lights/colors which are already ON. So if you select RED or GREEN, then it interrupts (strobes) RED or GREEN - having a RED or GREEN Strobe.

For a "forced White Strobe" you either create a Live Edit and set your fixtures to WHITE and also make it Strobe and store this to one (or more) Live Edits...OR...more simple ... push the BLINDER and the STROBE buttons simultaneous - voilá, you get a (mostly) White Strobe.

You can improve your WHITE experience if you edit the Color Picker for a "clean" White:
Since you have a dedicated WHITE channel in your Fixture you don’t want Wolfmix/WMX1 to „substitute“ White additional with R+G+B all on (additive color mixing White). To remove:
* Go to static Color
* hold SHIFT + select WHITE simultaneous - entering the Color Picker
* On top of screen select RGBW tab
* Now use the encoders and dial: Red=0%, Green=0%, Blue=0%, White=100%
* Store the setting by pressing the flashing (White) button (color turns to „grey“ but still says WHITE)

Now when you press WHITE, it just shows a „pure" White and not a „mixed" White (combined R+G+B).
moka

Re: make Strobe to only use white channel of a RGBW device

Post by moka »

Thank you Axell for your answer.

I have several groups of devices and wanted only one group to act as described with white channel for flashing. The others could use the actual color to flash.

Would be a cool feature if Wolfmix in the future would allow to connect a Live Edit Preset on a Group for a Button. For example Group B, Strobe Button: Activate Featuer XYZ. That would open up more possibilities.

cheers