Wolfmix W1 MK2 and multiple MIDI devices

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Alex7235

Wolfmix W1 MK2 and multiple MIDI devices

Post by Alex7235 »

In the video W1 mini guides is shown that multiple midi devices can be used together with the Wolfmix W1 MK2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqAwYly ... I&index=22

The shown solution requires multiple intermediate midi devices (midi interface, midi host, midi merger) to provide the connectivity. I am wondering whether these multiple intermediate midi devices can be replaced by a single multifunction midi interface like the iConnectivity mioXM.

Does somebody has experiences in using the iConnectivity mioXM directly connected to the Wolfmix W1 USB-A Midi port?

Best regards

Alex
leesinthemix

Re: Wolfmix W1 MK2 and multiple MIDI devices

Post by leesinthemix »

I think since the device isn't a generic MIDI device, you would still need a CME type device between it and the Wolfmix, but in theory it would be able to act as a host and merge box in one.
I guess you would be able to remove one device from the chain, but with all the cabling and power still needed to make all this work, it's still a convoluted and very messy way of triggering presets.

Until Wolfmix start listening to customer feedback for a change and give us the ability to trigger Live Edits and FX engine parameters with MIDI (or with DMX) then I very much doubt anyone would go with this method.

Who wants to plug in and unplug ALL of this gear before and after a gig? Who wants to build this into a flight case?

The whole point of a standalone lighting console is that it's supposed to be STANDALONE.