Control Preset and Live Edits with external Faders

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
SimonS

Control Preset and Live Edits with external Faders

Post by SimonS »

I would like to ask how you can use external faders to control presets. I do not get "Preset DMX IN channel" and "Preset jump DMX IN channel". How do they work? Could I use one external Fader for dimming a preset and another Fader for dimming another preset?

I would also like to ask whether controlling live edits with external faders is already implemented or not?

Thanks
leesinthemix

Re: Control Preset and Live Edits with external Faders

Post by leesinthemix »

Dimming is done via the group channels and/or master dimmer. You can't "dim presets", only the groups of fixtures that are assigned to each preset.
You could however, assign more than one group to the same fader.

If you want it so that some fixtures are dimmed to zero during a preset and others are at 100%, you can enable the "Save Group Dimmers to Presets" setting.
When you SAVE a preset, make sure you dial in your desired dimming levels for all fixture groups. Then, when you recall that preset, it will overwrite the faders, but you need to make sure the DMX fader channels aren't set to force mode, as that will ignore any dimming rules you have set to presets.

It's a little bit complicated to get your head around it on the first go, but this is one of the features I really like about the W1, as it's quite flexible in this regard.
It's been a while since I've set this up for myself, but if you run into any issues, drop a reply and I'll talk you through it.
SimonS

Post by SimonS »

Thanks
SimonS

Post by SimonS »

My Question was now also answered in
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=701
SimonS

Post by SimonS »

Control Live Edits by DMX IN is NOT implemented now, right?
h00ki3

Post by h00ki3 »

I also miss the possibility of using MIDI to record live edits and functions such as fog and blinder.
Is there something planned there in the future, or is it already possible and I just haven't figured out how it works yet?
SimonS

Post by SimonS »

Yeah that would be nice, to control live edits by DMX IN and Midi 8-)