Martin Atomic 3000 DMX Issues

Fixture not working as it should? Post it here and we'll check it out. Be precise with the fixture name as there are many with similar names.
adventurecapitalist

Martin Atomic 3000 DMX Issues

Post by adventurecapitalist »

Hi everyone - running into 2 different issues with the atomic 3000 dmx strobe light.

1 - if I connect in 3 channel mode, the fixture doesn't respond. In 1 channel mode it works, but I can't get any of the additional features
2 - in 1 channel mode, the fixture will randomly discharge while in blackout or dimmer at 0%

I'm using the updated profile imported via wtools - anyone have experience with wolfmix and this fixture?
axell

Re: Martin Atomic 3000 DMX Issues

Post by axell »

The profile needs to be "adjusted" to the Wolfmix "Automation". The profile as provided by Martin work on a simple manual FADER DESK without any automation. But Automation is adding some additional requirements, so the profile has to be "adjusted" to those.

Try the attached profile (Mode 2 = 3Ch will work best ...)
Attachments
Atomic 3000 DMX (fix).ssl2
(20.29 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
adventurecapitalist

Post by adventurecapitalist »

Awesome thank you so much.

I also have a Marting JEM ZR44 fogger configured on dmx channel 511. When the strobe isn't plugged in, the fogger works perfectly using the smoke button (easily my favorite feature!!!).

When the strobe is plugged in, smoke works fine, but the strobe is misfiring aggressively.

Removing the dmx cable from the fogger, the strobe still misfires, until I remove the smoke fixture entirely from the project.

Curious if this new profile will address the issue. Will test and let you know!
axell

Post by axell »

sure, if the fixtures are next to each other and you replace one now with a higher channel count, you "reach into" first channel of the next fixture/fogger. Delete both devices and reassign one by one using the correct channel modes and you are set.

Another possibility could be a false Fogger profile where a channel is false assigned as a Strobe channel. Need to have look at the profile though.