WTOOLS BUG: Unable to update firmware, sync projects from computer to wolfmix, or do factory reset while in WLINK mode

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
djmaskell

WTOOLS BUG: Unable to update firmware, sync projects from computer to wolfmix, or do factory reset while in WLINK mode

Post by djmaskell »

I had issues using WTOOLS with one of my two WMX1 controllers. I was unable to update the firmware ("An error occurred reading controller settings") and it would either fail at 17% or 99%. I was also unable to sync projects from the computer to the WMX1, and factory reset also failed.

After much troubleshooting, I noticed that the WMX1 in question was in WLINK mode. Disabling WLINK mode resolved the issue. I assume this is because WLINK mode basically puts the device into read-only mode.

WTOOLS FEATURE REQUEST: Check WLINK status in WTOOLS prior to calling functions that would require writing to the WMX1 and handle appropriately. An informative error message would probably work just fine. ("Cannot perform this operation while WMX1 is in WLINK mode.")
AlexR

Re: WTOOLS BUG: Unable to update firmware, sync projects from computer to wolfmix, or do factory reset while in WLINK mo

Post by AlexR »

Hello,

Thanks for this post! I will pass this feature request on as an I think an error message in this context would be very helpful for our customers.
Alex
Wolfmix Support