New "sync" and record option in the Preset page?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
PiePatraque

New "sync" and record option in the Preset page?

Post by PiePatraque »

Hi!

I just upgraded my wolfmix to the latest firmware and noticed that the Preset menu has changed. Next to the Auto/Pause option is now a "Sync" option, and a recorsmd option. Fade is now accessible by shift + preset.

What are those options for and how do they work?

Thanks!
axell

Re: New "sync" and record option in the Preset page?

Post by axell »

"SYNC" is a different timing option for the HOLD (fixed) time of a Preset before it switches to the next Preset when activate the PLAY button. SYNC gives you the amount of "beat bars" (between 1 bar and 512 bars) before the next Preset will be activated.

"RECORD" - Start recording, then select a preset, then (perhaps on another preset page) select the next preset, etc. Which preset you press and how much time has passed will be recorded 1:1 - until you press record again and the recording stops.
Now you can replay this "preset ride" 1:1 again by pressing PLAY (left). Only ONE recording is possible and you cannot save it. All real time...
PiePatraque

Post by PiePatraque »

Thank you for your very fast reply!

It perfectly answered my questions. I am eager to test this "sync" option!
rkra

Post by rkra »

Hello,

using 1.2.2.

When playing presets, the HOLD time ist ignored. There is just the SYNC Option an the preset page there.
How to change to the HOLD option?

Roman
axell

Post by axell »

If you activate SYNC, you enable a "beat bar sync" by entering the number of BARS how long the Preset stays active. If you want to use the HOLD & FADE settings in the Preset Edit, you want to switch OFF the "Sync" function.
rkra

Post by rkra »

Thanks,

clear answer, thank you. Please update your manuals, I was looking half a night for that :-)
Roman