Request: "Bounce" order effect

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DanC

Request: "Bounce" order effect

Post by DanC »

Hello Wolfmix team,

I really appreciate the power, versatility and ease of use of my Wolfmix W1 lighting controller.

Effects modules are very useful. A "Bounce" order effect (like the one that can be found in Light Rider application) would be a nice addition (especially for lights that have individual controllable pixels like certain tubes and bars).

A similar request had already been made by another member, almost 2 years ago (it was, then, added to Wolfmix suggestions list by Simon).

Do you intend to implement this simple feature, in an upcoming firmware version?

Regards,

DanC
axell

Re: Request: "Bounce" order effect

Post by axell »

In ColorFx AND MoveFX you can select not only the 8 pattern, but also change each pattern with the PHASE/ORDER encoder switching to Order you have addition pattern from left-to-right or from right-to-left or from center-to-outer or from outer-to-center ....
Best results for this effect is setting FADE to 0%, somit is not Fading, but more "Bouncing" then.
DanC

Post by DanC »

Hi Axell,

Thanks for the reply.

By "Bounce" order effect, I was rather referring to the following pattern: "from left-to-right-to-left-to-right-to-left... continuously".

Also, "From center-to-outer-to-center-to-outer-to-center-to-outer... continuously" would be another nice pattern.

Any chance to see that in an upcoming firmware version?

Regards,

DanC
AlexR

Post by AlexR »

Hi DanC,

We don't currently have any plans to include more FX in the W1, this is due to a combination of hardware memory limitations and not wanting to increase user/ UI complexity. However as you said Simon has added this to his features list so I will raise this with him and see what he says and if this would be a possibility to add in future.
Alex
Wolfmix Support