Preset DMX IN Channel VS Preset Jump DMX IN Channel

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
alexW1

Preset DMX IN Channel VS Preset Jump DMX IN Channel

Post by alexW1 »

Ok, with "Preset DMX IN" I can change my Preset according with Channel (1-512) and value of this one (0-255).

What is the difference with "Preset Jump"?

Or better what is the right use? The manual is lagging on that, there are few informations about.

Thanks
Alessandro
axell

Re: Preset DMX IN Channel VS Preset Jump DMX IN Channel

Post by axell »

As you correctly described you can select Presets by just sending the corresponding value.

"Preset Jump" is implemented to select Presets a different way, i.e. when using DMX Foot controllers etc. As you have not always all 000-255 DMX values you can send, you want to have an "INCREASE by 1" or "DECREASE by 1" control. You just send one DMX value to "step forward" and another one to "step backward" in your Presets. You assign the pedals like:

* Pedal 1 (assign with DMX value 001) - forward, next Preset, next Preset, next Preset, ...
* Pedal 2 (assign with DMX value 002) - backward - previous Preset, previous Preset, ....

So you send the SAME DMX value to go forward (step-by-step) or go backwards (step-by-step) in your Preset listing. So you only need 2 DMX values (001 + 002) to be configured in the Foot Controller (and not 255 for direct access)
alexW1

Post by alexW1 »

Thank you Axell, now is clear!
a.
SimonS

Post by SimonS »

@Simon It would be really nice feature to expand the dmx IN posibility. So you could "press" any fix button by DMX IN. Would be nice for bands, which needs there hands to play instruments and have only food left. Maybe this feature would be not that complicated to implement.
001 foward
002 backward
003 BPM
004 Wolfmix Special
005 Strobe
006 Blinder
007 Speed
008 Blackout
009 Smoke

and so on.