Multiple effects on multiple fixtures?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
Arjen

Multiple effects on multiple fixtures?

Post by Arjen »

Hi,

I've connected 20 ledbars to my Wolfmix. Is there any way to play an effect on all of them at the same time, but also be able to control them one by one? So for example: 20 leadbars are spread out through the room. I want to play the same effect on all the same time. Next, I want to have light number 2 play the effect, then light 4, then light 6, etc. Is this possible with one Wolfmix or how would I be able to set something up like this? As far as I can tell it's only possible for all of them to play the same effect at the same time if they are all set to the same DMX channel. But then it wouldn't be possible to set effects up individually.
leesinthemix

Re: Multiple effects on multiple fixtures?

Post by leesinthemix »

The W1 only has one FX engine so you can't have separate 'groups' assigned to different FX.

You can choose a different Master Colour for two sets of fixtures, but they would all follow the same Colour FX, Movement FX and Beam FX that you have selected.
Colour FX set to delays and fades can work across a large number of fixtures though.

I really hope they change this on the new MK2 version as they claim it has a much larger memory. Who knows.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Arden, while it would be a second effect, you could get some similar functionality to what you’re looking for by programming a Live Edit with different selected LED bars. No automation, but could still be a cool effect for you.
axell

Post by axell »

Live Edit has NO DYNAMICS. It just offers DMX modifications of SINGLE values per Channel. No Movements, no Color effects, no Beam/Dimmer/Intensity effects running up and down a DMX channel for variations - strictly one static DMX value only.