ADJ Monster Quad / LEDJ Tri LED Starcloth

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
RoyBasnett

ADJ Monster Quad / LEDJ Tri LED Starcloth

Post by RoyBasnett »

Hi folks. Can somebody help me with this. I have the these two items I am having difficulty adding. The Monster Quad shows up in the fixture list but offers no control options in the Wolfmix. The Tri LED Starcloth does not show up in the fixtures. It has 28 channnels. What would be the procedure for a manual install? Thanks in advance.
axell

Re: ADJ Monster Quad / LEDJ Tri LED Starcloth

Post by axell »

ALWAYS,,, look into the Profile you are about to load. It tells you exactly what - and HOW- the channels are configured. Second, ask yourself what you want to expect to see from the "Automation".

By looking at the DMX Chart in the Manual of the Monster Quad, the fixture only has One (1) channel defined, and in there is only a list of "pre-arranged" Shows you can "trigger" (Show 1 - Show 12). Not a SINGLE channel is assigned to ANY of the "Automation capabilities" Wolfmix is offering. No Color control, no Movement control, no Dimmer control, no Gobo, no Strobe - nothing. So, what do you expect the Wolfmix to "automate"?

The normal case would be:

a) create a set of (12?) individual Presets in LIVE EDIT, each trigger one Show - done. THIS is not something what comes pre-defined with the Profile. This is a User task!

b) create your OWN profile and assign the "Shows 1-12" to "other" Preset control, like GOBO or COLOR buttons. THAT way you can select any Show directly from the User Interface using (static) Color) or the Gobo section. This is TRULY a user task creating your "tailored and optimized" Profile for your fixture.
But THAT is all the ADJ Monster Quad is controlled with.
I addressed this same topic recently ... viewtopic.php?p=2292#p2292

For the LEDJ Starcloth, again, read the Manual to learn what channels are required and think how YOU or an Automation (Wolfmix) best can handle it.
If there is no profile already available for the Starcloth, you have to quickly create your own profile for this and the manual tells you how. Best is to "learn" on the "simple" version (7 channel). Here again we have "built-in" programs (Ch 3) which should NOT become part of the automation. But you have Master Dimmer, Strobe and RGB channels (at the end) - all values for the Automation control you can assign in a profile.
Once you get the 7Ch version up and running, you can create the 28Ch version, where you have the RGB section 8 times, so will end up using "beams" in the profile, for Color separation to the 8 segments.
You have to decide whether you want Wolfmix to control the 8 RGB Color segments with its own automation, or do you want the Built-In programs to run (as on the Monster Quad). But for the later you do not need any Wolfmix - you can simply push the buttons on the box and run the built-in programs 1-10.
RoyBasnett

Re: ADJ Monster Quad / LEDJ Tri LED Starcloth

Post by RoyBasnett »

That's great information. I have now resolved the Monster Quad issue and am working on the Starcloth. Apologies for my ignorance on this subject.