Light output to cut off directly?

General discussion between Wolfmix owners. Checked occasionally by the Wolfmix support team.
DJDerrick

Light output to cut off directly?

Post by DJDerrick »

Hi,
When a light is selected to give output and a bit later is told to shut off again, it always goes smooth with 0,5 second going from the dimmer level to 0.
Is there a way that it cuts off directly in an instant?

Thank you,
Dirk
axell

Re: Light output to cut off directly?

Post by axell »

What exactly are you doing? Which section: ColorFX, static Color, Group Dimmer, Master Blackout, switching Presets?
All these can have own settings. Please describe in more details what button and what section you use "light On / light Off"
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

It doesn't matter which effect, i use 4 x Showtec CLUB par 12/6
https://www.highlite.com/en/42651-club- ... bwauv.html

Even if i turn down the Fade to 0% the pars don't light up and shut down immediately in a chosen effect, they light up and shut down smoothly in a 0,5 second or so. It's not partybreaking but I wonder why.

On another DMX console it lights up and shuts down in an eyeblink...

thanks,
Dirk
zorqie

Post by zorqie »

Those fixtures have internal dimmer curves (nod0 - nod4) in addition to fade time by channel 11. Make sure nod0 (linear) is selected in the menu under nOdE. I haven't used this specific profile, you may need to adjust the default value for channel 11 or create Live Edit override
axell

Post by axell »

only for testing purpose:
create a fresh and new project (HOME / SETUP /PROJECTS / NEW (and then New again) and load only the Showtec Par into this project. Is it behaving the same (dimmer fade)?
axell

Post by axell »

You also want to check if on the PRESETS page, the Presets have a FADE Time associated with each Preset. You may want to make sure the FADE Time is all set to 00:00:00
DJDerrick

Post by DJDerrick »

Sorry for the late response.

Yes correct , channel 11 had 127 as default value in the default fixture profile. That's the reason.
I didn't notice this earlier, thank you!

I didn't change it in the profile itself (somehow Wolfmix doesn't save this?) but in the dmx settings page for all four fixtures.
Now I have non-fading lights and can still fade it in the Color section if I want.
zorqie

Post by zorqie »

Glad that solved it.

Yes, it seems the profile used when you patch fixtures is stored in the project. Which is good if you want to copy the project to another Wolfmix - you don't have to worry if the second one has the right/same profiles downloaded.

If you want to apply an edited profile you must delete the fixtures and re-add them. I think...